02-29-2012, 03:47 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by BobtheSnail
Hi boep! Usually ammonia burns are redish, so I doubt that's an ammonia burn. Has it healed yet?
it has healed but im still curious
If it hasn't, could you fill this out, please? Thanks!
1. Size of tank?-60 gallonish
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0ppm as of last night
c. Nitrate? 20ppm i think it was
d. pH, KH and GH? ph 6.7
e. Test kit? api master kit
3. Temperature? 76f
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? fresh
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 3months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
2 gouramis 3months 1 bristle nose pleco about 3 weeks african brown knife 1 month and a african clawed frog for about 3 weeks the silver dollars are med size i know they get bigger but they came with the tank
i plan on moving them out soon
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? no they came in the tank when i got it so they are 2 of the orignianl cycle fish
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
2 african sword plants and a marimo ball
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
sand gravel combo
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? 2 med size bog wood
9. a. Filtration? marinland bio wheel
b. Heater? cant remember the company name but its fully submusible
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? its just the normal light deal you get at pet smart on during the day from around 12pm - around 10pm at night
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? no not near any windows
11. a. Water change schedule? 25% once a week
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? tap treated with stress zyme + and a sprinkle of discuss buffer to keep ph lower
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? vacummed as needed
12. Foods? flakes normally but the silver dollars seem to like algea waffers over the flakes
How often are they fed? 2 times a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? nope
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
it has healed but still curious