07-26-2009, 11:38 AM
| || |
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons)
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?
around a year
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
3 green corydoras, 5 neon tetras, 2 ghost shrimp
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?
7. What make/model filter are you using?
8. Are you using a CO2 unit?
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?
2 days ago, 25%
11. How often do you perform water changes?
normally once per week. since that fish has looked injured every other day.
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish?
once per night, a mixture of flake food, shrimp pellets, and blood worms
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on?
I'm not sure how to answer this. It's a hooded light that goes on top of the aquarium. It is kept on for about 15 hours per day.
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
Fish with white spot, see above.
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
Ammonia: 0 ph: 6 alkalinity: 180ppm nitrite: 0 nitrate: 10 ppm
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?
Mardel sentry-aq mini-master test kit. strips.
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank?
Two weeks ago I bought a cory to replace one that had been gotten itself trapped under a rock. :( The new cory had no barbels, but they look to be growing back.