Okay. I am planning a future tank. This tank will be 29 gallons, and be home to 9 breeding Mollies. I've finally come up with the propper stocking of Mollies and am looking into some Corydoras and/or a Bristlenose Pleco. Now, my Molly stocking will be as follows;
2x Balloon Molles (FEMALE/FEMALE)
2x Black Mollies (FEMALE/FEMALE)
2x Sailfin Mollies (MALE/MALE)
2x Lyretail Mollies (FEMALE/MALE)
1x Silver Molly (FEMALE)
I have some questions regarding the Corydoras and Bristlenose Pleco. I am also setting up a 10 gallon as a fry nursery. I have been told that Corydoras will not eat fry. Now for the questions;
1. Can you mix the species of Corydoras?
2. Could I get the Pleco AND the Corydoras for the 29 gallon?
3. If I were to get the Corydoras and Pleco for the 29 gallon, how many Corydoras could I get?
4. If I /can't/ get both, how many Corydoras (MAXIMUM) could I get?
5. Will the Corydoras and/or Bristlenose Pleco eat algae wafers and home-grown algae rocks?
6. Will either of them eat any fry that aren't born in the breeder nets?
7. Would it be possible to put Corydoras in the 10 gallon nursery?
8. If so, how many?
9. A small rounded gravel will be okay, correct?
10. Is the color of gravel really important like I've read it's made out to be?
11. I am unable to maintain a sand substrate so gravel is all I can do. I can try and make sure it's a smoother gravel. Will that be okay?
I think that's all my questions for now.. If I have anymore I'll be sure to post them.
Feel free to pm me or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlene A.K.A Zombie