Corydoras Trilineatus
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Freshwater and Tropical Fish » Catfish » Corydoras Trilineatus

Corydoras Trilineatus

This is a discussion on Corydoras Trilineatus within the Catfish forums, part of the Freshwater and Tropical Fish category; --> Can anyone tell me a little about the behavior of these cory's Is four enough or should I add a few more my zebra ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Gosse Cory
Gosse Cory
Oto Catfish
Oto Catfish
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Corydoras Trilineatus
Old 07-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
 
Busgod's Avatar
 
Corydoras Trilineatus

Can anyone tell me a little about the behavior of these cory's

Is four enough or should I add a few more

my zebra loches need a little help with clean up so I thought a few cory's would accent my tank

55 gal
ph: 7
amm: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 10
co2: 15 ppm


10 rummy nosed tetras
8 harlequin rasboras
7 cherry barbs
4 zebra loches
4 Corydoras (trilineatus)
1 bristle nose pleco (L-144a)
1 emperor pleco (L-204)
Busgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
 
jeaninel's Avatar
 
I think you should add 2 more to bring your school to 6. I love cories and they make such a great cleanup crew. Mine are constantly nuzzling through the substrate and cleaning every leaf on the (fake) plants. Not much gets past them!
jeaninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
 
Busgod's Avatar
 
I think so also

but they act strange in hospital tank they all stayed together, but when I put them into my big tank they don't stay together is this normal?
Busgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
 
jeaninel's Avatar
 
I think this is normal. Mine don't stay together all the time. Usually there will be 2 or 3 following each other around. Mine do like to group up for their siesta time though!
jeaninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
 
iamntbatman's Avatar
 
Do your cories and loaches hang out together? I've heard about small clown loaches herding up with cories before but I'm not sure if zebra loaches would do the same. That'd be interesting if they did, though.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
 
Busgod's Avatar
 
yes they do play alot together I'm not sure if the cory's think there zebras or if the zebras think that they have fat friends
Busgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #7
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
I'm now ready to stock my 100 gal and was wondering the same thing about cories & loaches, since I'd like to keep a group of both. Are any type more apt to hang out together or be more peaceful with each other? I love clown loaches but know that 6 of them will grow way too large for my tank size. I really like the orange banded kuhli loaches but don't know much about those either....Maybe I can purchase them very tiny?? Half the fun is watching them develop & grow!

I'm going to have a total of 3 pictus cats. I already have one and he's soooo cool. He's approx. 4" and the other two I will purchase will be much smaller.
Any suggestions on which group/type of cories & loaches I should consider since I will also have the pictus? I have black sand as my substrate and love the way the *flashiness* of the pictus looks against the black. Was hoping for the same effect w/ cories & loaches. Maybe I'll have to decide between the cories or the loaches??
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #8
 
Lupin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie
I'm now ready to stock my 100 gal and was wondering the same thing about cories & loaches, since I'd like to keep a group of both. Are any type more apt to hang out together or be more peaceful with each other? I love clown loaches but know that 6 of them will grow way too large for my tank size. I really like the orange banded kuhli loaches but don't know much about those either....Maybe I can purchase them very tiny?? Half the fun is watching them develop & grow!
For a 100g, not bad. Keep six to eight 2-3-inch clown loaches and grow them until they reach 6 inches in which case you upgrade next. Only problem is they're very boisterous for corydoras. If you want to mix cories, try Botia striata or Botia kubotai.

Quote:
I'm going to have a total of 3 pictus cats. I already have one and he's soooo cool. He's approx. 4" and the other two I will purchase will be much smaller.
They will not mix well with kuhli loaches nor cories. Too boisterous and can outcompete other bottom dwellers for foods.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #9
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Lupin, you're funny. *If* I upgrade to a larger tank? I don't even have this one stocked and already I'm looking at a 200 gal. MTS...it's contagious!

So, if I ditch the 3 pictus idea can I still keep Loki (pictus)? I've grown very attached to him and he's very mellow. He spends nearly all his time under a piece of driftwood and is a pretty calm eater. I know they are nocturnal so I frequently *spy* on him with a flashlight at night and he's a little more active but not crazy active. I suppose that could really change once he gets a little competition.

Botia striata and Botia kubotai are the exact cories I was looking at. They can be mixed together, with clown loaches? 6 clowns with how many of each Botia striata and Botia kubotai?

As always, thanks for everyone's expertise!!
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #10
 
Lupin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie
Lupin, you're funny. *If* I upgrade to a larger tank? I don't even have this one stocked and already I'm looking at a 200 gal. MTS...it's contagious!
How am I funny?

Quote:
So, if I ditch the 3 pictus idea can I still keep Loki (pictus)? I've grown very attached to him and he's very mellow. He spends nearly all his time under a piece of driftwood and is a pretty calm eater. I know they are nocturnal so I frequently *spy* on him with a flashlight at night and he's a little more active but not crazy active. I suppose that could really change once he gets a little competition.
If you have no plans to get kuhli loaches, keep the pictus. Pictus are fine with botias.

Quote:
Botia striata and Botia kubotai are the exact cories I was looking at.
They're loaches, not cories.

Quote:
They can be mixed together, with clown loaches? 6 clowns with how many of each Botia striata and Botia kubotai?
6-8 of either species.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Breeding Corydoras Paleatus (Peppered Corydoras) Spanishearl Fish Breeding 1 02-04-2010 07:20 AM
corydoras jackblack1112 Fish Breeding 5 02-09-2008 04:59 PM
corydoras hastatus vs corydoras pygmaeus Falina Catfish 10 09-14-2007 10:36 PM
Should I buy more Corydoras? Kathryn Catfish 11 03-28-2007 02:08 AM
Corydoras fish_4_all Catfish 12 03-07-2007 04:34 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.