Bristlenose feeding schedule
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Freshwater and Tropical Fish » Catfish » Bristlenose feeding schedule

Bristlenose feeding schedule

This is a discussion on Bristlenose feeding schedule within the Catfish forums, part of the Freshwater and Tropical Fish category; --> I have a BN pleco that is probably close to full grown. I feed NLS algae wafers and zucchini . She never eats the ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Pepper Cory
Pepper Cory
Spotfin Cory
Spotfin Cory
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Bristlenose feeding schedule
Old 11-10-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
 
marshallsea's Avatar
 
Bristlenose feeding schedule

I have a BN pleco that is probably close to full grown. I feed NLS algae wafers and zucchini . She never eats the whole wafer. How often does she need to be fed?
marshallsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:39 AM   #2
 
Captain Jim Dandy's Avatar
 
I'm going to guess you are giving at least one wafer every 24 hours. Even without the fresh vegetable he (or she) would be fine with that. Sometimes my pleco takes an 18 hour break from chow. Possibly reason being they don't need to gobble as there is no trouble.
Captain Jim Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
 
marshallsea's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim Dandy View Post
I'm going to guess you are giving at least one wafer every 24 hours. Even without the fresh vegetable he (or she) would be fine with that. Sometimes my pleco takes an 18 hour break from chow. Possibly reason being they don't need to gobble as there is no trouble.
Yes, I feed one wafer every night except on a night when I feed a veggie. I was wondering because it seems once in a while she seems to not eat. Thank you.
marshallsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
 
Tazman's Avatar
 
Do you have any driftwood in the aquarium? If there is, it will munch on that overnight as well.

My BN plecos usually only eat every second day, I feed an algae wafer and sometimes it is still there in the morning, until I turn the tank lights on and then my cichlids devour it.
Tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
 
marshallsea's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman View Post
Do you have any driftwood in the aquarium? If there is, it will munch on that overnight as well.

My BN plecos usually only eat every second day, I feed an algae wafer and sometimes it is still there in the morning, until I turn the tank lights on and then my cichlids devour it.
Yes, I do have a piece of driftwood with teeth marks all over it. There's always most of the wafer left over. Maybe I should feed every other night.
marshallsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
 
Tazman's Avatar
 
If there is visible chew marks on the driftwood, then yes perhaps cut down the feeding of the wafers.
Tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
 
marshallsea's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman View Post
If there is visible chew marks on the driftwood, then yes perhaps cut down the feeding of the wafers.
Thank you.
marshallsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
feeding schedule tdOtjunior Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 10 05-04-2012 07:38 AM
Help With Feeding Schedule elliott03 Livebearers 3 08-19-2009 08:44 AM
Feeding Schedule? russp Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 8 01-24-2008 10:55 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.