So I discovered by bristlenose had laid eggs early December, only to find that were not fertilized. I made some adjustments to the rock cave and discovered a new batch of eggs early January. Five days later I realized Dad had some pretty well-developed babies (not much left on the belly). Since the cave is in my 46-gal community tank, I moved about 15 of the babies to my 10-gallon quarantine. I don't think babies like being moved as they quickly started to die, I believe from stress. The heater ended up being crappy too and the winter weather really kicked in. After 3 days, only 3 were still alive (I felt awful). I replaced the heater and two weeks later I can account for at least 2, both are growing quite well.
During this whole time, I kept an eye on the other tank. Dad stayed with the remaining babies up until just a few days ago (I thought he was going to starve!). I saw a baby swimming that night and quickly covered the tank to hide it from the congo tetras and angels. The next day I put every plastic plant I had into the tank to offering extra hiding spaces and put sponges on the filter intakes. I keep an eye out for the babies and have seen at least 3 in the last 2 days. Absolutely incredible. I never thought they had a chance.