My tank needs a change. - Page 2 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4390 View Post
now, if i could only find those archers...
I'm of no help there.
Reefing Madness is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 28 Old 04-12-2012, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
I've found a website that sells archers and claim that they only get to be about 5". Maybe I will give them a try after I get the catfish settled in...

Buy Archer Fish for Sale at AquariumFish.net where shopping online forArchers is Fun.
Jason4390 is offline  
post #13 of 28 Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4390 View Post
I've found a website that sells archers and claim that they only get to be about 5". Maybe I will give them a try after I get the catfish settled in...

Buy Archer Fish for Sale at AquariumFish.net where shopping online forArchers is Fun.
I have read the same things, but they are just giving you an idea of the size you will be getting, not how big they get.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #14 of 28 Old 04-12-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Size and Lifespan
Archer Fish will live about 6 to 10 years and grow to 5", sometimes with exceptionally good care they grow a little bigger and live longer.

Same website as above.
But there's no telling if that information is accurate...
Jason4390 is offline  
post #15 of 28 Old 04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #16 of 28 Old 04-13-2012, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Those websites told about the same thing they all did. They get huge. But the third one said that they rarely get over 5-6". I'm Going to give it a shot after I get the catfish settled in. Worst case scenario, I'll have to get a bigger tank... Oh darn
Jason4390 is offline  
post #17 of 28 Old 04-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4390 View Post
Those websites told about the same thing they all did. They get huge. But the third one said that they rarely get over 5-6". I'm Going to give it a shot after I get the catfish settled in. Worst case scenario, I'll have to get a bigger tank... Oh darn
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #18 of 28 Old 04-16-2012, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Just got 2 "Black-Finned" sharks. Acclimated them from freshwater to SG of 1.002 over 9 hours. They're already eating "VERY" well. 2 Hikari Carnivore pellets to each one. But one guy ate 3 while the other only one. He has a huge belly, but otherwise fine. I Gave them just a couple flakes when I first got them... and they loved them too. These guys are the definition of gluttons. They seem very skittish though. To the point of bashing into things if I walk by. Hopefully they will settle down after they adjust. If not, I will try a 3rd. That definitely means a larger tank in the future if I do get another one.
Jason4390 is offline  
post #19 of 28 Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4390 View Post
Just got 2 "Black-Finned" sharks. Acclimated them from freshwater to SG of 1.002 over 9 hours. They're already eating "VERY" well. 2 Hikari Carnivore pellets to each one. But one guy ate 3 while the other only one. He has a huge belly, but otherwise fine. I Gave them just a couple flakes when I first got them... and they loved them too. These guys are the definition of gluttons. They seem very skittish though. To the point of bashing into things if I walk by. Hopefully they will settle down after they adjust. If not, I will try a 3rd. That definitely means a larger tank in the future if I do get another one.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #20 of 28 Old 04-29-2012, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
still acclimating the 2 catfish... had an ich outbreak, but got rid of it quickly and they are healthy as ever. one more water change tonight and next weekend they will be in the 75g!
Jason4390 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much/often tank change? krish Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 24 12-08-2011 10:39 AM
If this was your tank what would you change? Boredomb Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 10 05-04-2011 08:56 PM
New Tank! First Water Change? LHughes77 Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 3 05-05-2008 11:01 PM
which tank would you change ? willow Ancient Fish 2 03-08-2008 06:45 AM
Tank change over. Mating Slinkys Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 10 07-31-2007 02:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome