What Bulb to Get - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Saltwater Fish and Coral Reef Tanks » Beginner Saltwater Aquariums » What Bulb to Get

What Bulb to Get

This is a discussion on What Bulb to Get within the Beginner Saltwater Aquariums forums, part of the Saltwater Fish and Coral Reef Tanks category; --> Your wishlist won't last long in a tank that small. Damsels require 30 gallon tank ( I got away with one in a 20 ...

Check out these saltwater fish profiles
Black And White Percula Clownfish
Black And White Percula Clownfish
Purple Tang
Purple Tang
Reply
Old 02-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #11
 
Your wishlist won't last long in a tank that small. Damsels require 30 gallon tank ( I got away with one in a 20 gallon). Firefish requires 10 gallon as does the clown goby. That Damsel will kill those fish, especially in a tank that small.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Clown Goby, Citrinis

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Firefish, Purple

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Yellowtail Damselfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman12 View Post
Thanks for your help but Im going to probally get a tiny t-5 lighting system for a 5g. Any creatures you think i should get? Im thinking about getting a purple fireshish, Clown goby, a cleaner shrimp, and some type of damsel maybe a fiji or yellow tail.
RSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
 
Okay no damsel. But a clown goby and purple firefish should be alright. If not what could go in it?
tankman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman12 View Post
Thanks for your help but Im going to probally get a tiny t-5 lighting system for a 5g. Any creatures you think i should get? Im thinking about getting a purple fireshish, Clown goby, a cleaner shrimp, and some type of damsel maybe a fiji or yellow tail.
Fish for a 2g tank??? None. One shrimp, and a mushroom, thats about it.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #14
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman12 View Post
Okay no damsel. But a clown goby and purple firefish should be alright. If not what could go in it?
No, they won't.
You have to look at the difference between a 10g, with rock and substrate, now its 4-5 gallons. Yours is only going to be a drink of water that fish will be in.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #15
 
squishylittlefishies's Avatar
 
I know people keep clown gobies in tanks as small as 1 gallon- allthough i DO NOT reccommend that. I think one yellow clown goby would be fine in the 5 gallon, but that's the only fish. I also like pom pom crabs, nassarius snails, peppermint shrimp and sexy shrimp. Those should all work! Unless you allready have the 5 i would get a 10 instead though. The shrimp goby really needs to be moved to a 10 gallon, not a 5. Good luck, and thanks for the suggestions!
squishylittlefishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #16
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishylittlefishies View Post
I know people keep clown gobies in tanks as small as 1 gallon- allthough i DO NOT reccommend that. I think one yellow clown goby would be fine in the 5 gallon, but that's the only fish. I also like pom pom crabs, nassarius snails, peppermint shrimp and sexy shrimp. Those should all work! Unless you allready have the 5 i would get a 10 instead though. The shrimp goby really needs to be moved to a 10 gallon, not a 5. Good luck, and thanks for the suggestions!
The tank he has is a 2.5g tank.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #17
 
squishylittlefishies's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman12 View Post
Thanks for your help but Im going to probally get a tiny t-5 lighting system for a 5g. Any creatures you think i should get? Im thinking about getting a purple fireshish, Clown goby, a cleaner shrimp, and some type of damsel maybe a fiji or yellow tail.
He's upgrading to a 5 gallon. The fish I reccommended are for the 5 gal.
squishylittlefishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #18
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishylittlefishies View Post
He's upgrading to a 5 gallon. The fish I reccommended are for the 5 gal.
And the fish you are advising him to go with, are for 10g tanks!
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
 
Still way to small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishylittlefishies View Post
He's upgrading to a 5 gallon. The fish I reccommended are for the 5 gal.
RSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #20
 
squishylittlefishies's Avatar
 
oh. ok.
:)
squishylittlefishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will bulb plants grow when detatched from the bulb? bigehugedome Beginner Planted Aquarium 1 08-14-2011 03:05 AM
CFL bulb? jgregg1 Freshwater Aquarium Equipment 2 03-14-2011 03:18 PM
9W PL Bulb Welsh Beginner Planted Aquarium 6 01-04-2011 01:56 PM
T10 bulb sharelove Freshwater Aquarium Equipment 2 12-17-2010 10:50 AM
Bulb help allikins Beginner Planted Aquarium 14 09-30-2010 11:08 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.