05-23-2010, 02:43 PM
| || |
updating 45 gal tank...help
Hello all, been lurking for some time now, and well, now I have a question that I hope ya'll can help with..
- ...45 gal
- fish only
- crushed coral (large)
- 2 bulb coral life fixture 100000K abd bkue bulbs (came with) not HO.
- magnum 350 with bio
- 2 Kordona (sp) power heads
- same 45 gal
- switch to sand (sea flor carib)
- magnum350 with bio wheels
- lighting T5 HO looking at 4 bulb ATM
- adding live rock
- hope to add some corals in the future (easy to keep and lower light critters)
- 2 power heads Koronia (sp) I believe they are the #3's
First off ,the tank is about 20 years old and I only have 2 fish in it right now. I'm looking to get a couple of damsels this week tho. I did gradually switch from crushed coral to sand, now I have about an inch of sandbed.
Should I update the lighting or add the live rock first? I do plan on adding the live rock gradually,(about 2 months) just not sure how much light the live rock needs.
Should I get some snail and sand critters now or wait till there is more algae ?I do have a brittle star but doesn't seen to move much ,any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated..