Which t-5 ?
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Saltwater Fish and Coral Reef Tanks » Beginner Saltwater Aquariums » Which t-5 ?

Which t-5 ?

This is a discussion on Which t-5 ? within the Beginner Saltwater Aquariums forums, part of the Saltwater Fish and Coral Reef Tanks category; --> I need to get a new light. I decided on a 6 bulb T-5. What brand do you guys recommend?...

Check out these saltwater fish profiles
Antenna Lionfish
Antenna Lionfish
Sailfin Tang
Sailfin Tang
Reply
Old 02-23-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
 
briang's Avatar
 
Which t-5 ?

I need to get a new light. I decided on a 6 bulb T-5. What brand do you guys recommend?
briang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
 
alot of that depends on budget and what you are planning to keep. for efficiency, just make sure you get individual reflectors for each bulb. bubl selection is real important too so keep spectrum in mind as the whiter light you go you get growth and towards the blue spectrum you get colors to pop.
reefsahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
 
briang's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefsahoy View Post
alot of that depends on budget and what you are planning to keep. for efficiency, just make sure you get individual reflectors for each bulb. bubl selection is real important too so keep spectrum in mind as the whiter light you go you get growth and towards the blue spectrum you get colors to pop.
Yea, I'm definitely getting individual reflectors. I have a 2 year old corallife which is a 2 bulb and and 4 bulb something or other that died on me and is in the basement. I'm just looking for a decent 6 bulb in the 4 to 5 hundred dollar range that is gonna last more than 2 years, if there is such an animal lol
briang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
 
should be a good one.
Aqua Medic Ocean Light
T5 Light Fixture with LED
Moonlights, 48" 6 x 54W

$389.95
reefsahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:04 AM   #5
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Brian! How have you been?? While I have no info to offer on a T-5 I'm using this thread to tell you that I've missed you! Life on the island without you just isn't the same.
Kym
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
 
trukgirl's Avatar
 
I personally love my Aquaticlife fixture, ONE plug, and timers for all the different lights are integrated into one panel. Has fans, individual reflectors, you can hang or mount it on legs. I have the 4 bulb 36" version. They make a version with 2, 4, or 6 bulbs, and have a version with metal halides but the MH ones are WAY more expensive lol.
trukgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
 
briang's Avatar
 
Thanks guys for the replies. I'm going to check them out tonight and get something over the weekend. Happy Reefing!
briang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
 
briang's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
Brian! How have you been?? While I have no info to offer on a T-5 I'm using this thread to tell you that I've missed you! Life on the island without you just isn't the same.
Kym
Aw, Hi Sweetheart, I've missed you also. I've only PM ed ya 10 times to see how you were but you, you, you, never a a answeared
briang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by briang View Post
Aw, Hi Sweetheart, I've missed you also. I've only PM ed ya 10 times to see how you were but you, you, you, never a a answeared
Seriously, 10 times? I didn't get anything, I thought you'd forgot about me and was playing guitar for someone else instead of me! I'm sending PM tomorrow, as it's off to bed for me, long day today.
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.