Starting a Small Marine Tank... Advice? - Page 9
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Saltwater Fish and Coral Reef Tanks » Beginner Saltwater Aquariums » Starting a Small Marine Tank... Advice?

Starting a Small Marine Tank... Advice?

This is a discussion on Starting a Small Marine Tank... Advice? within the Beginner Saltwater Aquariums forums, part of the Saltwater Fish and Coral Reef Tanks category; --> Originally Posted by killavixen I can see but dont think they will Ok, more importantly get us the Nitrite and Ammonia, to check them ...

Check out these saltwater fish profiles
Black And White Percula Clownfish
Black And White Percula Clownfish
Coral Beauty Angel
Coral Beauty Angel
Like Tree8Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Starting a Small Marine Tank... Advice?
Old 04-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #81
 
wake49's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by killavixen View Post
I can see but dont think they will
Ok, more importantly get us the Nitrite and Ammonia, to check them against yours.

Is this a chain or a local mom & pop shop?
wake49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #82
 
killavixen's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake49 View Post
Ok, more importantly get us the Nitrite and Ammonia, to check them against yours.

Is this a chain or a local mom & pop shop?
Its called Premier Aquatics, Its the only store in my state so it may be locally owned. And i just called them and they do cheack everything there. Calcium, phosphates, copper..etc
killavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #83
 
wake49's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by killavixen View Post
Its called Premier Aquatics, Its the only store in my state so it may be locally owned. And i just called them and they do cheack everything there. Calcium, phosphates, copper..etc
Great! When you get a chance, have them test it all then post the results.

I think you are going through a cycle.
wake49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #84
 
killavixen's Avatar
 
I got everything checked they didnt say the results but said everything was good and that my cycle will most likely be over in a week or so. They checked everything calcium, phosphates copper, etc
killavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #85
 
wake49's Avatar
 
Good. Have you done a water change lately?
Posted via Mobile Device
wake49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #86
 
killavixen's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake49 View Post
Good. Have you done a water change lately?
Posted via Mobile Device
they told me not to, to let tank cycle first
killavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #87
 
wake49's Avatar
 
ok, but if the Nitrite or Ammonia gets too high, it can stress the damsel out. It is essentially poison to the fish in higher concentrations. Keep an eye on those two parameters and post them periodically until the cycle is done.
wake49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #88
 
killavixen's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake49 View Post
ok, but if the Nitrite or Ammonia gets too high, it can stress the damsel out. It is essentially poison to the fish in higher concentrations. Keep an eye on those two parameters and post them periodically until the cycle is done.
will do
killavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #89
 
killavixen's Avatar
 
Test results 5/1

Nitrate 20
Nitrite 3.0 (its drpping )
KH 180
Ph 7.8
killavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #90
 
wake49's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by killavixen View Post
Nitrate 20
Nitrite 3.0 (its drpping )
KH 180
Ph 7.8
Yay!
Posted via Mobile Device
wake49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting out...again...tank advice please! dancercr Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 6 01-07-2010 06:41 PM
Starting up Marine Tank 30G Justin Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 5 01-01-2010 07:13 AM
Starting a small cold water aquarium, any advice? MidnightBaelfire Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 6 12-07-2009 01:21 PM
Converting a Marine tank to a Tropical Tank, Advice needed morvernvalley Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 3 10-15-2007 02:20 PM
starting a small freshwater tank, suggestions themowingmonk Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 10 01-25-2007 07:25 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.