10-10-2012, 06:01 PM
| || |
Staying in tonight as work has been hell and im still sick........
RO/DI unit at refractometer shipped today.
Got a few questions and thoughts. 1. Removable inlet grill with adjustable shutter for surface skimming
2. Two stage (coarse/fine) mechanical filter sponges
3. Professional turbo protein skimmer driven by a 1,200 lph/320 gph pump
4. Compartment for chiller pump
5. Access panel for chiller inlet/outlet tubes
6. Thermostat-controlled heater
7. Highly porous ceramic biological filter media
8. Activated carbon chemical filter media
9. Twin circulation pumps with adjustable direction outlets Here is the layout of the back of the RSM. To prevent buildup of nitrates Should I keep the filters in #2? I was thinking of grabbing a few sets and swapping WC and clean the other with tap/old water?
In spots 7 and 8 he had the bio rings and old carbon. The rings have been sitting out and they are now dry. Should I rinse and use the same ones, buy new ones or ditch them all together for something else? Is chemi-pure and purigen suggested? How about phosguard?