) Whats the ideal protein skimmer for a 40 gallon reef tank measuring 36x21x12
2) Temps are at 77F and sg level is at 1.024. When I purchase the live rock and sand, will I just have to place the rocks as I wish and then wait or do I need to jump start the ammonia level by adding either pure ammonia or a dead food item?
3) What is the temp range for a marine tank. It has hit low's of 76 and highs of 79.6.
4) How much turbulence should I see in the water? I have one koralia on the side wall facing the front wall to create a circle of turbulence, should I purchase another to place on the opposite side?
5) Should I go with a thin sand bed or a very thick sand bed? I have heard both options work.
6) What is the best lighting to purchase so that I do not limit myself to what kind of coral I can keep. I wanted to go with t5's but apparently I will not be able to house LPS or SPS, only soft.
7) What kind of creatures should I purchase as a base for a "cleaning crew"
8) What will I be looking for after adding the live rock to know that my tank is ready for coral and/or fish
9) Should I install the skimmer now or once the tank has cycled?
My current set up/what I would like to create:
Filtration: Live rock, sand bed, skimmer and an eheim canister
Tank size: Mentioned above
Lighting: Not sure yet
Tank type: Reef with corals, looking at soft mostly if not completely soft only
Any other info I might have missed to help in answering, let me know.
Appreciate any advice.