So I found this listing: Fishtanks and Supplies
it's like 20 minutes from where I live and he's got a 40 gallon drilled, I have no idea if he still has it because at present my phone is not cooperating and letting me pay by phone bill >.> So I can't call >.< but the listing was put up a month ago so I just really hope! 25 for a 40 drilled? Sound good? I know that still leaves a lot of stuff to get but it's a start, yeah?
Also for a R/O system, does this look good? Portable Mini Reverse Osmosis Di Ro Water System 4STAGE | eBay
So I still have a bunch of unanswered questions here, I'll post them again to this post so maybe you can copy and paste and add in your answers in a different color or something?
1. So mixing corals, I know I can't have hards and softies next to each other, correct? Can I have them in the same tank or are there different requirements? What kind of mixes should I stay away from completely? Can I have SPS with Softs in my tank? Are LPS out of the question? Still a little confused on corals and what I can have together and what I can't. I see they have different care and lighting requirements, I should probably keep to low maintinence and low-medium lighting for the most part?
2. So if I used these as Taz touched on: Saltwater Aquarium Buffer: Kent Marine Superbuffer-dKH pH Buffer and Alkalinity Builder
and Reef Aquarium Care: Kent Marine Liquid Calcium Supplement
with the regular salt mix, is that comparable to using the reef crystals only? Is going one way better than the other if this is the case?
3. I saw another journal about waiting for algae blooms before adding corals, do I have to wait for just diatoms to pass or other blooms as well? As in freshwater, the blooms won't hurt fish, correct?
4. Where can I get the rock? I don't believe I recall seeing it anywhere in my LFS's so probably online? Any fairly decent cheap places that I could get it? --I'll check my LFS again hopefully today.
5. What the hell is a SQWD anyway?
6. Oh, almost forgot, where can I get macroalgae for the refugium? Does it matter which species? I think there's different species, right?
I think that's all of them.....for now lol I apologize for all the questions but I do want to do this right!!