My New Tank - Page 3 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 125 Old 09-17-2011, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefing Madness View Post
Fish only tank you would start the flow rate at 10x the water volume, so your right there. You don't want any dead spots in your tank, you may end up with 2 powerheads, one in each corner, keeps the dead spots down better than just one.

what if ur doing a reef tank what should the flow rate be then? my tank right now is a FOLR but i want to enventually have a couple of anemones in the tank.
Talon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 125 Old 09-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
what if ur doing a reef tank what should the flow rate be then? my tank right now is a FOLR but i want to enventually have a couple of anemones in the tank.
Anemones aren't a very high flow critter, they like a gentle flow, so you still should be ok. Reef tanks generally go with 20x flow and higher. I use 7600gph in a 240g, and medium flow critter have a hard time when placed in some spots.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #23 of 125 Old 09-17-2011, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
hey i got new pics of the tank but it wont let me post them. anyone have any clues on how to do that? their in jpeg format and there bigger than 2mb
Talon is offline  
post #24 of 125 Old 09-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
hey i got new pics of the tank but it wont let me post them. anyone have any clues on how to do that? their in jpeg format and there bigger than 2mb
Resize the picture.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #25 of 125 Old 09-17-2011, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
P9111773 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! - tank without much.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6769640...n/photostream/ -with the new clown fish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6769640...in/photostream - semi finished tank.


i just set up a flickr account so you guys can check out the pics of my tanks enjoy
Talon is offline  
post #26 of 125 Old 09-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Those are the biggest Aiptasia I have ever seen.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #27 of 125 Old 09-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Member
 
onefish2fish's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefing Madness View Post
Those are the biggest Aiptasia I have ever seen.
this.

and nice clowns.
onefish2fish is offline  
post #28 of 125 Old 09-17-2011, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
ya im gonna get some peppermint shrimp when i finally get light bulbs. i have another question tho. for fresh water the general rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish for every 2 gallions of tank. what is the rule with salt water and do u have to consider that live rock tanks up a large percentage of the tank?
Talon is offline  
post #29 of 125 Old 09-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
ya im gonna get some peppermint shrimp when i finally get light bulbs. i have another question tho. for fresh water the general rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish for every 2 gallions of tank. what is the rule with salt water and do u have to consider that live rock tanks up a large percentage of the tank?
Peppermint shrimp will not eat those trees, they are to big for even them.
And the rule of thumb for SW is out the window. LR does take up a good portion of the tank, yes. But you have to look at swim room for the fish and how big are they going to get. I have only 7 fish in my 240g tank, and my tank does not look empty by any means. BIG FISH.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #30 of 125 Old 09-18-2011, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
thanks for the input about swimming room and size of fish. what would u recommened about the aiptasia, cut them down then have the little shrimp in to eat the leftovers? kinda want to save the rock cause it have alot of other sea life in it. ( claim, starfish, and dozens of little krill like creatures)
Talon is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome