So, I'm moving my fairly newly established 29 FOWLR tank in 10 days. It's been up and running about 3 months or so now and doing pretty good...
I only have 3 fish in it... (and I think that's all I'll get!)
Any advice on moving it? The thing I'm worried about most is the sand making the water all cloudy and then having to put my fish in there... Here is what I am planning thus far...
1. Go to new house, set up new aquarium stand, mix ~10 to 15 gallons of fresh saltwater.
2. Drain 3 or so gallons of water out of tank into bucket for fish and snails/crabs.
3. Drain much more water into rubbermaid tubs for the live rock.
4. Any water left that I can salvage will go into other 5 gallon buckets.
5. I'm leaving the sand in since its a pretty new setup and I don't really need new sand. Slide tank still filled with sand onto a board to facilitate moving.
6. Move tank and buckets to new location.
7. Set up tank on stand, begin filling with water.
8. Add the live rock back in.
9. Finish filling with water.
10. Start up powerhead, etc.
11. Add fish.