03-08-2012, 07:29 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by Jason4390
My nitrites have peaked at 5ppm+ and will not coome down! What do I do to facilitate the nitrite consuming bacteria's growth? 75g, SG: 1.010, Ph at about 8.2, I've been keeping ammonia at a minimal since I got my nitrite spike, and temp is about 83 degrees.Any Help?
I suspect there is not much more to do than have patience. See what others say. You could go buy one of the products that claim to add nulifying bacteria, and speed up the cycling process. Some are better than others, and that may help. If you have a higher end fish store, I'd go there and see what they have, over a PetCo/PetSmart.