Hey guys back again alrady but with even more questions as i have moved from my 5gal fresh to a salt 55gal oceanic rimless. I wasnt planning on moving this fast but a family member had the hook up at a not so LFS. Anyways, I have this tank and what i think is a aqueon proflex sump. The tank was a set up that the store used at a conference of some sort. So it also came with a pump my hoses lid sand lights etc. The tank has been set up for a few days now. It has a domino damsel and a hermit crab to bust the tank.
As for the questions:
1. I have about 20lbs of live rock in it right now. One of the rocks i have in the tank has some serious green stuff growing on it. Is this ok or normal for live rock? Should i ever expect live rock to grow corals or anything other than feather dusters etc?
2. I hate to sound like a noob but the beautiful corals we seen in these reef tanks are bought and then glued to the live rock? how does that work?
3. Also the tank runs a consistent 80F this is on the high side but ok?
4. How important is the skimmer in a system like mine?
5. I see a lot of stuff online about flood prevention and fail safes on sumps. I don't think i have one of these. what would be the proper precautions to take? My landlord would FLIP if something happened.
6. Water changes during cycling will delay the process right? So don't change water and let everything spike and stabilize on its own?
Um, I cant think of the rest right now but ill post more questions and pictures!
Thanks for any help