I have been reading a bunch of articles on reef/saltwater tanks and I just read an article that says you should not use a light when doing the cycle of a new tank. Is this right? I have had my light on for at least 8 hours a day. I have what I think is green hair algae everywhere it is now about 2-3 inches tall. will I have trouble getting rid og this? I have had a couple of people on here tell me that the algae is normal but I have read some articles that say green hair algae iis bad and hard to get rid of.
Any ideas or suggestions. my tank has been in cylce for about 3 weeks now and I have been testing the water from time to time for Nitrites and amonia. I have never had a reading on Nitrites but the amonia was at .50 and is now at .25. Dies this sound like its going ok?