I kinda figured someone would tell me just that. Basically the reason why I posted it. My LFS claims it will be fine so I figured I would get a second opinion. She has been successfully keeping reef tanks for 20+ years and her tanks are indeed impressive, but I tend to not trust alot of what she tells me because it goes against most everything that Ive read on the forums and in the one marine book Ive been reading off and on.
I told the wife this as well, about waiting 6 months before introducing a RBTA, but since the LFS owner told her otherwise I feel its going to be inevitable that there is one in there before then but we will see. I know she doesnt want to see an animal die but one can only take so much misinformation before they decide to just do what they want, lol. Ill still try and convince her the tank isnt ready, but this is something I deal with on a week to week basis. I dont want it to come down to a death of a livestock but Ill be honest, Im about done trying to explain things. Her thoughts are always 'everything else is fine, and the LFS said it would be ok'....
Ill keep everyone posted as well as do a 2 gallon water change tonight. Oh, forgot I didnt post the Calc and Alk test results earlier so here they are, keep in mind, Im 3 days shy of 3 weeks since doing a water change.
Calcium - 420 ppm
Alkalinity - 10 dKH
Also, they seem to be pretty much dropping evenly right? So if they are still low after the water change it would be safe to supplement both?