so the first wet test went... well ... not so great i found a number of issues with my design... i have potential solutions but would appreciate input
1) hoses through side of filter chamber are far to low and unless the pumps are on the chamber fills with water faster than i want it to - solution plug the holes and run the piping up to the top when i switch pumps the pipes will be 1/2 inch PVC so i will need to drill any way not a big deal
2) when i get things balanced out and running the way i want them to the chamber floats!!! possible solution - i am thinking that if i either put my rock next to it to hold it under the rim or attach a piece of rock to it this will not be a major issue..
3) when i change pumps and go to PVC since i need to pipe to the top of the chamber the floss basket i have made will no longer fit. making a new one takes about 5 minutes so not a huge deal the concern is that if i run the pipe through the center of the basket i may have issues when i need to clean the pump (or replace it if any problems) ... now one thought is to not PVC weld the joins for the T at the top of the chamber but i am concerned that being under constant pressure may pop it off and create a issue..