Ughh!!!!! Need advice on new plants! - Page 4 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 09-25-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Bigfish unfortunately most LFS around me don't carry that many plants hardly any at all actually and the ones that do usually just have Amazon swords, pygmy chain sword, and then the none aquatic plants (which they sell as aquatic) like the white ribbon plant and the mondo grass. So that leaves me with ordering online. I did manage to find some wisteria the other day.
Boredomb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 36 Old 09-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Member
 
bigfish93's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Bigfish unfortunately most LFS around me don't carry that many plants hardly any at all actually and the ones that do usually just have Amazon swords, pygmy chain sword, and then the none aquatic plants (which they sell as aquatic) like the white ribbon plant and the mondo grass. So that leaves me with ordering online. I did manage to find some wisteria the other day.
This is the case for a lot of people. I hope you are able to find a better site to order from. I could take orders and buy the plants form my LFS then ship them out to people... hmmm ideas. I guess in a way, I would be like the middle man

Advice for anyone new to the hobby: Do your research!! Before you do anything to your aquarium, take some time to research it. It has made a huge difference for me

S.A. Flooded Jungle (20 gallon)
A heavily planted tank. Inhabitants include: 7 Lemon Tetra, 1 Whiptail Catfish, and MTS.
bigfish93 is offline  
post #33 of 36 Old 09-28-2011, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Just wanted to tell everyone I got my refund today from SA. Customer service with them is good at the vary least!
Boredomb is offline  
post #34 of 36 Old 09-28-2011, 05:46 PM
New Member
 
Santaclaws's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Just wanted to tell everyone I got my refund today from SA. Customer service with them is good at the vary least!
Thats good.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile,
a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment,
or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Dr. Leo Buscaglia
Santaclaws is offline  
post #35 of 36 Old 09-30-2011, 01:09 PM
I have been following the conversation and an idea just came to me. Yep, I know, a little slow. LOL Do you have an aquarium club anywhere near you that you could maybe get information about what suppliers they use, or they may have plants to share?
brownmane is offline  
post #36 of 36 Old 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmane View Post
I have been following the conversation and an idea just came to me. Yep, I know, a little slow. LOL Do you have an aquarium club anywhere near you that you could maybe get information about what suppliers they use, or they may have plants to share?
The only one I have seen was for saltwater. I wish there was a club near me that would be great!
Boredomb is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need advice on aquarium plants El Nandez Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 10 02-04-2011 11:51 PM
Need advice on plants harleygirl Beginner Planted Aquarium 4 12-17-2010 02:04 PM
Advice on Plants Fertz milindsaraswala Beginner Planted Aquarium 1 03-23-2010 11:05 AM
new to plants need advice stiltman Beginner Planted Aquarium 8 09-23-2009 04:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome