If you were setting up this type of tank, how would you do it? What kind of equipment would you use? Which brands and why? What kind of light, what kind of filter, what kind of CO2 system, what kind of substrate, etc.
- 90 gallon freshwater tank
- Heavily planted
- Completely silent, I don't even want to hear humming
- High light + CO2 injection so I can have fast-growing plants and more plant choices
- No tank background (It will be in front of a SW window and I like to see the sunlight on the plants)
- Filter, equipment, heater, wires etc hidden as much as possible (which will be more difficult because of the lack of background)
That is what I want but I am a newbie and barely know where to start. I think I might need a sump to hide the equipment but I don't know how to set that up. I'm willing to spend about $1500 on this tank (total ... tank/stand, equipment, plants, fish, substrate, etc.) The tank and stand I want costs about $500 so that leaves $1000 for the rest of it.