question about canister filter? - Page 2 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 Old 03-24-2011, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
I am going to order my plants tomorrow gotta go get some fishing line to anchor a piece of driftwood that refuse to sink will go and look for some floss I took out the chemical base media out along with the carbon pad when I first got the filter was trying to figure out what to use to fill the empty space.
Posted via Mobile Device
Boredomb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 29 Old 03-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Member
 
leogtr's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
I am going to order my plants tomorrow gotta go get some fishing line to anchor a piece of driftwood that refuse to sink will go and look for some floss I took out the chemical base media out along with the carbon pad when I first got the filter was trying to figure out what to use to fill the empty space.
Posted via Mobile Device
hey!

yeah just take out the carbon pad and your set! I have thesame one:)

please watch and share with friends and family.
leogtr is offline  
post #13 of 29 Old 03-25-2011, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leogtr View Post
hey!

yeah just take out the carbon pad and your set! I have thesame one:)
Just take the carbon pad out what about the media?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Boredomb; 03-25-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Boredomb is offline  
post #14 of 29 Old 03-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Member
 
leogtr's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Just take the carbon pad out what about the media?
Posted via Mobile Device
the medias no problem just rinse it every two months or so and youll be in good shape:)

what a nice filter right??

EDIT: actually depending on your bioload and aquarium size the maintenance can vary. Good luck!

please watch and share with friends and family.

Last edited by leogtr; 03-25-2011 at 12:49 AM.
leogtr is offline  
post #15 of 29 Old 03-25-2011, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leogtr View Post
the medias no problem just rinse it every two months or so and youll be in good shape:)

what a nice filter right??

EDIT: actually depending on your bioload and aquarium size the maintenance can vary. Good luck!
It is a nice filter wish the manual was more use able not a lot of english in the one I got but the thing works great!! super quite!!

Okay soo the media is fine I will put it back in then and its on a 55 gall btw
Boredomb is offline  
post #16 of 29 Old 03-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Member
 
leogtr's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
It is a nice filter wish the manual was more use able not a lot of english in the one I got but the thing works great!! super quite!!

Okay soo the media is fine I will put it back in then and its on a 55 gall btw
yeah it comes with like 20 different languages doesnt it??


I have it in a 20 gallon lol

please watch and share with friends and family.
leogtr is offline  
post #17 of 29 Old 03-25-2011, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leogtr View Post
yeah it comes with like 20 different languages doesnt it??


I have it in a 20 gallon lol
Atleast 20 different ones LoL
Posted via Mobile Device
Boredomb is offline  
post #18 of 29 Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
I do have a stupid question about the maintenance ? U say every two months or so depending on the bioload well how can u tell when it is time it clean it? When the pads are full of crap or is by that point too late and u should have already cleaned it before then? LoL sorry noobie here
Boredomb is offline  
post #19 of 29 Old 03-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Pads will be full of crap. Cleaning depends on user, but I would clean it after a month then judge if you think it can run longer till the next cleaning. My rena makes black water when I clean it lol.

.... I'm probably drunk.

This is how I lurk


Mikaila31 is offline  
post #20 of 29 Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaila31 View Post
Pads will be full of crap. Cleaning depends on user, but I would clean it after a month then judge if you think it can run longer till the next cleaning. My rena makes black water when I clean it lol.
okay thanks !
Boredomb is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canister filter question xrayjeeper83 Freshwater Aquarium Equipment 3 06-01-2010 05:47 PM
canister filter question billy0510 Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 3 03-22-2007 08:03 AM
canister filter question billy0510 Saltwater Aquarium Equipment 1 03-20-2007 07:38 PM
Canister Filter Question dprUsh83 Freshwater Aquarium Equipment 20 01-04-2007 10:52 PM
Canister Filter question Bryson06 Freshwater Aquarium Equipment 1 08-09-2006 05:58 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome