Ok so alot of plant questions:
1. If you look at my aquarium pics, most of my of plants have not grown. My tank has been up for about 4 months. My watersprite (right side) grew alot, and then i trimmed it, and it has never grown the same, Not sure if i did something wrong. Loaches also uproot it alot. Any advice?
2. Alot of my vals on the left died within the first month, since then there have been some new sprouts but no to much growth, I have never had to trim them or anything. Should I be expection more growth or is that about it. The spraybar is just above them so I donno if that has anything to do with it.
3. What is not pictured is my dwarf lily, which has grown so so much since I got it, i let the leaves hit the surface and grow out to make a nice shady area and i trim it ever so often, but recently it has alot of holes in it. Ill try and post a pic.
4. My red melon sword has never grown. When it was planted the leaves started to die, so I cut them out. Now there are about 4 leaves right above the gravel but the stems never started to grow. It has been this way for 3 months.
5. My java fern is crazy, especially in my 5 gallon, but how do i take out the new leaves. I read that the baby leaves will detatch themselves, but they have not, and If i try to detatch them I destroy the old leaves, is that normal?
6. My pennywort grows roots under almost every leaf, It looks bad IMO. how do I cut them once they grow to big. Also they get uprooted everyday and I dont usually replant them right away, is this an issue?
Whew sorry thats alot. I have eco-compleate substrate and dose with flourish twice a week. 6500k daylight bulb (from hardware store) on 10 hrs a day.
Also, any other plant suggestions for my tank?