Java Moss problems - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Beginner Planted Aquarium » Java Moss problems

Java Moss problems

This is a discussion on Java Moss problems within the Beginner Planted Aquarium forums, part of the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium category; --> Originally Posted by SinCrisis I got a batch of java moss from a friend and now its everywhere... i have to toss some every ...

Reply
Old 10-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #11
 
mdc928's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCrisis View Post
I got a batch of java moss from a friend and now its everywhere... i have to toss some every couple of weeks...
Well I am most likely going to San Diego around Christmas so I will pick some up when I am there.
mdc928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
 
Calmwaters's Avatar
 
Umm MDC Sin lives in New Jersey not California. Kymmie lives in CA. ; ) LOL
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #13
 
mdc928's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwaters View Post
Umm MDC Sin lives in New Jersey not California. Kymmie lives in CA. ; ) LOL
I understand that, but when I am in San Diego I can go to this awesome place called Fountains. It's a LFS but it's almost like a public aquarium.

By the way just out of curiosity is it hard for you to get fish etc in Asheville? I've visited there when I lived in Charlotte and it's a beautiful place (especially the Belmont estate vineyard) but I don't remember it being particularly large.

Last edited by mdc928; 10-26-2010 at 01:52 PM..
mdc928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #14
 
Calmwaters's Avatar
 
Oh I thought you were going to get some from Sincrisis since he said he throws some out every week. LOL We have several places to get fish from here two really really good ones are asheville aquarium and the other is mountain to sea aquarium. Here are there web sites:
www.mountains2seaaquariums.com

The Asheville Aquarium

and then there is also pet smart, pet supermarket, and petco all near by. How long has it been since you have been here to visit the Biltmore Estate? Asheville has grown alot these last few years. I love it here to the mountains are beautiful this time of year with all the trees changeing color.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #15
 
redchigh's Avatar
 
Those prices.. Are those for local? (as in, LFS) or shipped?

I don't buy from LFS anymore... They're too high.
redchigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #16
 
mdc928's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwaters View Post
Oh I thought you were going to get some from Sincrisis since he said he throws some out every week. LOL We have several places to get fish from here two really really good ones are asheville aquarium and the other is mountain to sea aquarium. Here are there web sites:
www.mountains2seaaquariums.com

The Asheville Aquarium

and then there is also pet smart, pet supermarket, and petco all near by. How long has it been since you have been here to visit the Biltmore Estate? Asheville has grown alot these last few years. I love it here to the mountains are beautiful this time of year with all the trees changeing color.
I was there in 2006 last, right around this time of year. Biltmore, I wasn't sure of the name but then my ex was driving and I was tasting.
mdc928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc928 View Post
I understand that, but when I am in San Diego I can go to this awesome place called Fountains. It's a LFS but it's almost like a public aquarium.
What and where is Fountains?? I've never heard of it. It sounds like I need to go. If you're here in San Diego at Christmas time you'll have to look me up, or we can meet at Fountains. Hopefully by then I'll have extra Java Moss to give you. I can also send you home with some RCS.
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #18
 
Calmwaters's Avatar
 
LOL If you were tasting I can understand how you would forget the name. LOL Did you go to the estate or just the winery? If your plans fall through to go the CA at Christmas and you want to come here again the Biltmore Estate has a wonderfully romantic candle light tour during Christmas you and your wife might enjoy. ; ) Or in the spring they have an awsome garden tour with all kinds of beautiful flowers.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
 
mdc928's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwaters View Post
LOL If you were tasting I can understand how you would forget the name. LOL Did you go to the estate or just the winery? If your plans fall through to go the CA at Christmas and you want to come here again the Biltmore Estate has a wonderfully romantic candle light tour during Christmas you and your wife might enjoy. ; ) Or in the spring they have an awsome garden tour with all kinds of beautiful flowers.
We went to the estate too, but after being there with my ex all day I got a little happy with the tasting. I'm looking at relocating right now but I'm not sure where I 'm going. I need to find work and this little town I'm in now isn't cutting it. Long story I've already said too much for the fish forums. lol
mdc928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #20
 
Calmwaters's Avatar
 
LOL well good luck deciding there are some jobs here it just depends on what your looking for. Its a nice place to live and it is growing alot.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Java Moss and Java Fern iamntbatman Beginner Planted Aquarium 6 02-02-2012 11:35 PM
christmas moss,java moss. fishguy Beginner Planted Aquarium 2 03-30-2008 02:04 PM
java moss DarrylR Beginner Planted Aquarium 5 11-01-2007 02:59 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.