So today I was on the other side of town visiting the parents and decided since I was here to stop at a LFS I head has a decent plant selection. I ended up walking out $32 lighter and with 4 bags of plants lol
I was too excited to write down all the names but here goes.
- 1 Pot of Crypt Wendtii Green (about 6 plants) still sitting in the pot till Thursday when I get home to plant half in 29g and half in the 10g.
- 2 Stems of Ludwigia Repens
- 2 Stems of a very thin red stem plant. They guys said the do OK in low light, they are floating now to see how the respond. Not sure of exact name.
- 1 Stem of an uknown plant (pictures will come on Thursday) It is a short stem plant with a very thick stem and thick roots coming out on the bottom section. Leaves are a dark green with light green steaks like a watermelon and pretty thick. I think by looking at it, it will need high light. Was only 99 cents so we'll see how it does.
- 1 Pot of a plant that looks similar to the crpt Wendtii potted, about 4 plants in the pot, seems to have a thicker base and larger leaves than the wendtii, wish I remembered the name of this one.
- 2 Stems of Wisteria (I recently got a few stems of this potted in emerged form, am impatient so I got this in the submerged form and have it floating in the 10g right now)
I moved the smaller driftwood with the anubias on it to the 10g to make room for the new plants in the 29g lol. I think once I get the potted ones broke up and planted, and find a final home for the ludwigia, thin red stem plant, wisteria, and pennywort the plan is to have the left side very dense.
In the 10g I just changed the bulbs out to GE 10w 6500k CFL bulbs and set the timer for 9 hrs, dropped in .8ml of comp complete, and changed out the filter cartridge with a clean one after removing the carbon. Currently has 2 stems wisteria (floating), 1 stem of anacharis, one anubias (in driftwood), and all the fake plants still in there. I'm going to do the same 50/50 sand/floramax on Thursday when I plant some of the crypt wendtii, crypt lookalike, move one of the swords from the 29g and plant the wisteria.
Sorry no pictures at this time, enough screwing around with the tanks, didn't want to turn the light back on for photo's. I'm heading out of town for the night but will take some new photos of the 29g and the freshly planted 10g hopefully on Thursday.
I'm actually done buying plants for now (I hope) and letting what I have grow in. I think I set myself up for having too many plants (if that's possible) and having to trim and toss out a ton once they grow in and take over. From what I've read the wisteria (if it grows), and the pennywort will blow up pretty quickly. I am really excited about dropping that extra driftwood and having that half densely planted though