Ideas and advice on aquascaping...please - Page 3 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 54 Old 11-21-2012, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
CinBos's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
You know, that wood might actually look good as a tree stump, with the large end on the substrate. At least, from the appearance of the chunk in the photos, I think this would be worth exploring. And the large end might sit on the sand such that there were some openings under it? Just a thought.
Interesting idea. Haven't thought of that at all. I will have to do some cutting on it, but it could work.

125Gal: 7 Silver Dollars, 1 Albino BN Plecos, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Severum, Red Severum, 8 Rio Cahals, and 2 Festivum

55Gal: 3 German Blue Rams, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Super Red Pleco, 9 Bloodfin Tetras, and 9 Oto Catfish

29Gal: Quarentine/Hospital Tank

20Gal: Female Pastel Ball Python
CinBos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 54 Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 PM
pop
Member
 
Thumbs up

Hello:
There is a design concept known as the golden ratio or sometimes called the golden rule. It is easy to use I believe the exact ration is 1 to 1.8 or basically divide the design into thirds and you do this by using focal points. Moderator Olympia has made a few posts about the golden ratio. Look it up on the net and start designing you will do a great job.
pop
pop is offline  
post #23 of 54 Old 11-21-2012, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
CinBos's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop View Post
Hello:
There is a design concept known as the golden ratio or sometimes called the golden rule. It is easy to use I believe the exact ration is 1 to 1.8 or basically divide the design into thirds and you do this by using focal points. Moderator Olympia has made a few posts about the golden ratio. Look it up on the net and start designing you will do a great job.
pop
Thanks for the advice pop! I will look it up and if I have any questions I'll just post them on here!
Posted via Mobile Device
CinBos is offline  
post #24 of 54 Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
CinBos's Avatar
 


So this is what I have so far. Please let me know what you all think, where I should go with this. I have taken the advice on switching the placement of the wood. I think it looks a ton better where it is at now.

As always. I am open to all suggestion, so tell me what to do!
Posted via Mobile Device
CinBos is offline  
post #25 of 54 Old 12-05-2012, 06:24 AM
pop
Member
 
Smile

Hello:
The aquarium looks nice but i am a minimalist by nature so I would make some small changes such as move the rocks so they are part of the focal point with the wood and group the plants and open up the center area for swimming fish. I would add an underwater background scene but not tape it flat to the glass but cut the background several inches larger than the tank and bowl the background for a multidimensional effect. I am not known for creative ability.
pop
pop is offline  
post #26 of 54 Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
CinBos's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop View Post
Hello:
The aquarium looks nice but i am a minimalist by nature so I would make some small changes such as move the rocks so they are part of the focal point with the wood and group the plants and open up the center area for swimming fish. I would add an underwater background scene but not tape it flat to the glass but cut the background several inches larger than the tank and bowl the background for a multidimensional effect. I am not known for creative ability.
pop
You do make a good point with the rocks being a second focal point. I will be working on that. As for the background, the black is painted on, so no go there. And I will work on the plant placement as well. Thanks for the advice and ideas!

125Gal: 7 Silver Dollars, 1 Albino BN Plecos, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Severum, Red Severum, 8 Rio Cahals, and 2 Festivum

55Gal: 3 German Blue Rams, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Super Red Pleco, 9 Bloodfin Tetras, and 9 Oto Catfish

29Gal: Quarentine/Hospital Tank

20Gal: Female Pastel Ball Python
CinBos is offline  
post #27 of 54 Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Member
 
jeaninel's Avatar
 
Aquarium
I think I would leave the rocks where they are but group the plants more around them. That way the eft side won't feel too heavy with both the wood and rocks on one side. Just a thought. Have fun!
Posted via Mobile Device
jeaninel is offline  
post #28 of 54 Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
CinBos's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninel View Post
I think I would leave the rocks where they are but group the plants more around them. That way the eft side won't feel too heavy with both the wood and rocks on one side. Just a thought. Have fun!
Posted via Mobile Device
Well I think I might actually like the rocks on the right, bunched together. So the rocks wouldnt be on the left with the wood. I am digging the idea of bunching up the plants.

125Gal: 7 Silver Dollars, 1 Albino BN Plecos, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Severum, Red Severum, 8 Rio Cahals, and 2 Festivum

55Gal: 3 German Blue Rams, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Super Red Pleco, 9 Bloodfin Tetras, and 9 Oto Catfish

29Gal: Quarentine/Hospital Tank

20Gal: Female Pastel Ball Python
CinBos is offline  
post #29 of 54 Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Member
 
jeaninel's Avatar
 
Aquarium
I think I would leave the rocks where they are but group the plants more around them. That way the eft side won't feel too heavy with both the wood and rocks on one side. Just a thought. Have fun!
Posted via Mobile Device
jeaninel is offline  
post #30 of 54 Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Member
 
jeaninel's Avatar
 
Aquarium
Whoops, double post.
Yeah, that's what I was saying. Leave the rocks where they are but group the plants around them.
Posted via Mobile Device
jeaninel is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Tank. Ideas and Advice Wanted. Sam Crow Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 9 05-10-2012 12:53 PM
Aquascaping ideas for a riverscape bigfish93 Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 2 11-01-2011 02:17 PM
Need help and Aquascaping Ideas with my 55g and 10g tanks faithg1987 Freshwater Journals 8 09-18-2011 06:19 PM
Aquascaping advice requested DKRST Beginner Planted Aquarium 6 04-11-2011 05:24 PM
Aquascaping Ideas for 10G tank! post here Blaxicanlatino Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 15 05-10-2009 09:28 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome