Here is my plant list so far
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Beginner Planted Aquarium » Here is my plant list so far

Here is my plant list so far

This is a discussion on Here is my plant list so far within the Beginner Planted Aquarium forums, part of the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium category; --> I have a wish list made so far. If I like what i get in this batch and need more or find some other ...

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Here is my plant list so far
Old 01-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
 
HollyinWA's Avatar
 
Here is my plant list so far

I have a wish list made so far. If I like what i get in this batch and need more or find some other types to add, I will order again. I have read that the Baby Drawf Tears take high light, but I am so curious to see if they can make it in my tank or not. I think they can do ok in the 14 gallon since the lighting is more sufficient for that tank. I was hoping to finalize this order today, but I am still giving some thought to my choices. I think this is enough for now to start off with. I have to usually play around with things to know exactly what works. I do need to add some more anubias on the list and that other Reddish plant. I still have some decisions to make. I saw a lot of plants that i like but some of the ones I like would not fit for my setup -- lighting and water, etc.
,
Pennywort Brazilian
Ludwigia, Broad Leaf (Ludwigia repens)

Vals, Corkscrew
Sword, Amazon Sword (Echinodorus bleheri)

Moneywort (Bacopa monnieri)

Sword, Red Melon (Echinodorus barthii)

Sword, Narrow Leaf Chain (Echinodorus tenellus)(Pot)

Sagittaria, Dwarf (Sagittaria subulata) Pot

Dwarf Baby Tears (Hemianthus callitrichoides)(potted)

Last edited by HollyinWA; 01-29-2010 at 06:22 PM..
HollyinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
 
Angel079's Avatar
 
yup that is the complete list of my new 55g minus the red crypt's so you have my on that one cause I love the set up in mine. Just on the narrow leaf chain sword...only get ONE they grow sooo fast (I added a half root stick to mine) its ridiculous.
Angel079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
 
JohnnyD44's Avatar
 
lookin good, i'm acutally working on my list as we speak!! are you ordering online? my LFS never has what i'm looking for
JohnnyD44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
 
Mean Harri's Avatar
 
I just made my list. Posted it under my plant questions topic. I may just steal yours Holly. I don't know wtf I'm doing lol
Mean Harri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
 
JohnnyD44's Avatar
 
ditto. lol!!!! hahaha
JohnnyD44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
 
HollyinWA's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel079 View Post
yup that is the complete list of my new 55g minus the red crypt's so you have my on that one cause I love the set up in mine. Just on the narrow leaf chain sword...only get ONE they grow sooo fast (I added a half root stick to mine) its ridiculous.
Thanks, and glad I am making right choices. There are some other ones I am eyeing. I only have one Anubia in each tank so I may order more of those. I have to see as I go. I think a taller tank is going to be a little harder. I like the depth from front to back though, so that makes that easier, but the height may end up bugging me even though the look of the tank (shape) is very attractive and great for Angels.

Regarding the Narrow Leaf Chain, I figured only ordering one of those. I don't want too much of it. How about the Drawf Sagittaria? It said 1" on the description. Does that mean it only gets 1 inch? How tall do these get?

It will probably take me awhile to get this tank the way I want it.
HollyinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
 
HollyinWA's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Harri View Post
I just made my list. Posted it under my plant questions topic. I may just steal yours Holly. I don't know wtf I'm doing lol

I really don't know exactly what I am doing either. I wish there were stores that had all these plants. I like to see them in person. It is hard, like you said, to know exactly what height they are going to be or shape, etc. If I go into Michael's I have no trouble picking out silk plants for displays, etc. because they are the height and shape and color tone right then and there. Once we get to know different plant varieties, etc. it will be easier for us to do this. I don't know much about plants for the yard either. Part of our property is very parked out but very natural, so there is not a lot of gardening that we do, just maintenance and cleanup. I have not had the time or enough interest to garden with different plants or flowers, but mainly because of the lack of time.

We have a really nice manmade stream that apprarently the previous owners had coy in it. It works and runs but it needs major cleaning. We did not know a thing about keeping up on a pond/stream. It is one more thing that requires time and work and we already have our hands full. Someday, now that I am back into fish, I would love to learn how to keep coy, but then we would have to worry about the winters. Not sure if my husband would want the stress over it and it would have to be all me.
HollyinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
 
HollyinWA's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD44 View Post
lookin good, i'm acutally working on my list as we speak!! are you ordering online? my LFS never has what i'm looking for
Our stores don't have much either. I am going to have to order online. Keep us posted on your results! I will take a look at your thread again.
HollyinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
 
Kelso's Avatar
 
Totally off topic...but you know you can multi quote? Just quick the plus in every post before hand and then on the final post you want to quote, you click quote...as so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinWA View Post
Thanks, and glad I am making right choices. There are some other ones I am eyeing. I only have one Anubia in each tank so I may order more of those. I have to see as I go. I think a taller tank is going to be a little harder. I like the depth from front to back though, so that makes that easier, but the height may end up bugging me even though the look of the tank (shape) is very attractive and great for Angels.

Regarding the Narrow Leaf Chain, I figured only ordering one of those. I don't want too much of it. How about the Drawf Sagittaria? It said 1" on the description. Does that mean it only gets 1 inch? How tall do these get?

It will probably take me awhile to get this tank the way I want it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinWA View Post
I really don't know exactly what I am doing either. I wish there were stores that had all these plants. I like to see them in person. It is hard, like you said, to know exactly what height they are going to be or shape, etc. If I go into Michael's I have no trouble picking out silk plants for displays, etc. because they are the height and shape and color tone right then and there. Once we get to know different plant varieties, etc. it will be easier for us to do this. I don't know much about plants for the yard either. Part of our property is very parked out but very natural, so there is not a lot of gardening that we do, just maintenance and cleanup. I have not had the time or enough interest to garden with different plants or flowers, but mainly because of the lack of time.

We have a really nice manmade stream that apprarently the previous owners had coy in it. It works and runs but it needs major cleaning. We did not know a thing about keeping up on a pond/stream. It is one more thing that requires time and work and we already have our hands full. Someday, now that I am back into fish, I would love to learn how to keep coy, but then we would have to worry about the winters. Not sure if my husband would want the stress over it and it would have to be all me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinWA View Post
Our stores don't have much either. I am going to have to order online. Keep us posted on your results! I will take a look at your thread again.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
 
Angel079's Avatar
 
I'd not be worried a bit about the height; like I said its 4" taller then mine, so yea maybe it'll take the plants 1-2 weeks longer to reach the top; but plant it and let it go for some 4-6 weeks and all will be just fine
I donno about the aquaplants page but for sweetaquatics one pot of each means 1 pot and my dwarf baby tears where 1 pot and then some lol growing out of the pot left, right & center
The Dwarf Sagittaria in my tank are about 4-5" now. The baby tears about 2" and they seem to have stopped in height now and spreading across more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinWA View Post
Thanks, and glad I am making right choices. There are some other ones I am eyeing. I only have one Anubia in each tank so I may order more of those. I have to see as I go. I think a taller tank is going to be a little harder. I like the depth from front to back though, so that makes that easier, but the height may end up bugging me even though the look of the tank (shape) is very attractive and great for Angels.

Regarding the Narrow Leaf Chain, I figured only ordering one of those. I don't want too much of it. How about the Drawf Sagittaria? It said 1" on the description. Does that mean it only gets 1 inch? How tall do these get?

It will probably take me awhile to get this tank the way I want it.
Angel079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plant List 30g yay-nay? Angel079 Beginner Planted Aquarium 17 03-13-2010 12:33 PM
55g plant list LisaC144 Beginner Planted Aquarium 27 02-09-2010 01:01 PM
Mean Harri's plant list Mean Harri Beginner Planted Aquarium 16 01-31-2010 08:38 PM
Feedback pls: Plant list 55g Angel079 Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 12 11-04-2009 04:36 PM
Identify plant and suggestions on plant arrangements saulat Beginner Planted Aquarium 3 06-22-2009 07:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.