10-22-2009, 05:49 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by MoneyMitch
new baby and all. so my ph is around 8.0 with extremely hard water (dont know how that effects plants)
so onto the questions
1. How would wisteria work in this equation?
2. Can i only have the good lighting over the plant side?
3. How many watts should i have on the plant side of the aquarium?
4. Suggestions for plants that grow about 4-5 inches and are "bushy" and easy to care for
Thanks for help everyone.
1.Wisteria should grow fine, other good plants would be crypts, anubias, microsorum species.
2. Yes but i would illuminate the whole tank as it can be done quite cheaply.
3. 1WPG will be sufficient using T8's
4. Crypts are my favourite plants, although a surface scum which i believe is a protein can gather in tanks with lots of crypts and surface agitation will get rid of it. again anubias are good, you should try to get a graduation from large to small plants to give variation and depth.