07-23-2008, 12:35 AM
| || |
Wow, so I did a substrate addition today. Took a long afternoon. I think I'm going to post a thread with photos. Suffice it to say, it was a lot of effort, but the tank looks freaking awesome now.
I put 25 lbs of flourite in my 28 bowfront and then put the original 25 lbs of gravel from that tank back in on top of it (for the look of it). I may eventually reduce the amount of gravel on top, but for now, I am loving the look of the deep substrate.
I think I'd be much less tired after the whole thing if I hadn't spent a long afternoon just yesterday aquascaping the SAME TANK. The gravel just wasn't enough to hold the plants I was trying to put in. So I went for it with the substrate, and I think I'll be much happier in the long run.
Cheers, and Goodnight!