12-04-2008, 03:12 AM
| || |
No, no, and NO! Your plants were not the reason your tank blew up with ich, this i am sure 99.99%. Definitely a potassium pemanganate dip, just make sure it is diluted. Bleach will only kill snails, if it did kill bacteria, then it would also kill the plant. I would not reccomend bleach dipping, or PP dipping any expensive plants, it is simply to risky, as expensive oplants are very delicate.]
Quarantine your plants, like you would with any fish(maybe you don't quarantine fish?). 2 weeks minimum IMO, and leave them in with a disposable fish(like a white cloud or something) to check whether or not the Plant is infected.
Hope that helps =D