Designed by Byron? - Page 5
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Beginner Planted Aquarium » Designed by Byron?

Designed by Byron?

This is a discussion on Designed by Byron? within the Beginner Planted Aquarium forums, part of the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium category; --> I must have missed the bleach issue previously. Soaking wood in any liquid causes the wood to absorb that liquid. I am not sure ...

Reply
Old 08-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #41
 
Byron's Avatar
 
I must have missed the bleach issue previously. Soaking wood in any liquid causes the wood to absorb that liquid. I am not sure I would use the wood in an aquarium if it has soaked in bleach.

On the cory species, best you have a look through our profiles, I have entered many species.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:49 PM   #42
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strand View Post
Tupelo Gum Wood Company has Tupelo Gum Wood and Cypress Knees in any quantities for sale, loacted in Louisiana


Be warned they are good ol' boys. The number on the page is their home phone so don't be startled when someone just answers "Hello?" It is best to call. I never got a response from my email.

No paypal or anything like that. Have to send them a check or money order. They are a bit backwoods and weird but good people and I got exactly what I wanted.

I do have some extra knees that won't fit in my tank. I'll take a picture and post them up for you.
Strand did the cypress knees sink on their own? If not how did you get them to stay down. Also did you have to send them the money first and how long did it take for you to receive them? I was looking at another site that offered cypress knees and they were more money. The place you ordered from seems to be cheaper by far.
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #43
 
Strand's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Strand did the cypress knees sink on their own? If not how did you get them to stay down. Also did you have to send them the money first and how long did it take for you to receive them? I was looking at another site that offered cypress knees and they were more money. The place you ordered from seems to be cheaper by far.


I called and told them the heights of the pieces I wanted and they gave me the total and an address to send the money order. I sent it first and then it took about a week for them to arrive.


They are cheaper because these guys are actual "Swamp People" who cut these things out of their back yard. Good people, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them at all.


I think I know the other site you are referring to, insane prices for some wood.
Strand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #44
 
Strand's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
I must have missed the bleach issue previously. Soaking wood in any liquid causes the wood to absorb that liquid. I am not sure I would use the wood in an aquarium if it has soaked in bleach.

On the cory species, best you have a look through our profiles, I have entered many species.


It was only a 5% mixture and I am going to swap the water right now and then keep cycling the water for a few weeks.


I did this on the driftwood in my 46 and everything is fine. I ran it through the dishwasher with salt in the soap dispenser 6 times also.
Strand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #45
 
Strand's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Strand did the cypress knees sink on their own? If not how did you get them to stay down.

Forgot this... I used silicone to glue a piece of slate on the bottom. (GE I)


I'll take some pics...
Strand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #46
 
Strand's Avatar
 


Strand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #47
 
Calmwaters's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strand View Post
Tupelo Gum Wood Company has Tupelo Gum Wood and Cypress Knees in any quantities for sale, loacted in Louisiana


Be warned they are good ol' boys. The number on the page is their home phone so don't be startled when someone just answers "Hello?" It is best to call. I never got a response from my email.

No paypal or anything like that. Have to send them a check or money order. They are a bit backwoods and weird but good people and I got exactly what I wanted.

I do have some extra knees that won't fit in my tank. I'll take a picture and post them up for you.
I would love to see what you have left over.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #48
 
Strand's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmwaters View Post
I would love to see what you have left over.

Well then...



From left to right: 9 5/8" - 6" - 8.5" (Heights)








Base width left to right: 3" - 3.5" - 2 3/4"

Last edited by Strand; 08-16-2011 at 06:50 PM..
Strand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 PM   #49
 
Calmwaters's Avatar
 
LOL I need the middle piece I think it would be perfect in my betta tank.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #50
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
If you don't want them I could use the two end pieces
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.