12-03-2011, 12:37 AM
| || |
Did a 50% water change tonight and I now see that somewhere I lost a Bosemani! Searched around but no fish remains to be found, of course it's very difficult to search when the water is so cloudy. Hoping the 50% water change helps keep things from getting too dangerous.
Also, I haven't started using anything except Flourish comprehensive, and only had that for a week. The rest of the liquid ferts have been ordered and are enroute. I was asking more if those were alright to use. I used Seachem products in the years past and seemed to have positive results. I'm not opposed to dry ferts, just never used them and would need to learn more before I try to jump in first.
My current filter is just an over the side with bio-wheel. Once I realized there were only AC cartridges for it I ordered the Marineland HOT Magnum pro canister with add-on bio wheel. Hopefully now I can get back to filtering without stripping my trace elements.
Here are the results of all my water tests
R/O drinking water: 6.8 pH, NH3/NH4, NO2, NO3 all 0, 1 dKH, 17.9 ppm GH/KH
Tap water: 7.7 pH, NH3/NH4, NO2, NO3 all 0, 10 dKH, 17.9 ppm GH/KH
tank after 50% wc: 6.6 pH, 1.0 NH3/NH4, 0.25 NO2, 0 NO3, 4 dKH, 35.8 ppm GH/KH
The ammonia and nitrite are both higher than they've been, and I'm thinking it's from the undiscovered dead fish. The only things I added to the water this time were Stress Coat, a Tblsp of aquarium salt, and a double dose of flourish comprehensive. I did notice during the water change that the lotus/lily bulb I planted in the back of the tank has taken off! If only I could figure out why my swords are so pathetic.