Hey guys, I've been mulling over the plant sites, posts here and I still dont know how to plant my tank. Im not really looking for much of a theme of sorts, just a few plants that might look good. Here are a few things that I had in mind, but dont know what plants to put in these spots. Any ideas on what and how many would be greatly appreciated.
1. I would like a tall plant filling the rear corners - dont know what to do here
2. I want something to grow on the driftwood, likely Java Fern or some type of moss maybe
3. Something to float around. Thinking Pennywort here or Frogbit
4. Some sort of short growing plant to fill in some of the areas in front of driftwood and maybe let it creep into the areas toward the front of the tank. Thinking Hairgrass here.
5. Something around/between rock formations and driftwood - Corkscrew Vallisneria or some type of sword
Here is the tank as it sits. Any suggestions? Ph is 7.6, GH is 9. Lighting is currently one 4 foot Ultra Sun Super Daylight 6500k light.
There are currently 8 Black Skirt Tetra and 2 Banded Gourami living in the tank and plan on adding probably some or all of the following: Harley Rasbora, Cherry Barb, BN Pleco, few Platies and Pepper Cory and if it will tolerate it about 3 or so more female Banded Gourami.