Anubias as a floating plant? - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Beginner Planted Aquarium » Anubias as a floating plant?

Anubias as a floating plant?

This is a discussion on Anubias as a floating plant? within the Beginner Planted Aquarium forums, part of the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium category; --> I used fishing line with the ones I have. They seem to be holding good....

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
Anubias as a floating plant?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #11
 
I used fishing line with the ones I have. They seem to be holding good.
Chris7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:40 AM   #12
 
Hanky's Avatar
 
Ive heard of people using super glue or aquarium sealant to attach roots. Or yea just use alot of thread , and a few pieces of it not just 1 long one wrapped around and around.
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanky For This Useful Post:
Termato (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #13
 
Inga's Avatar
 
I was trying to avoid the sight of tons of string but It might just be one of those unavoidable things. I will have to use a lot more thread or floss or fishing line or rubber bands. I worry about bread ties because of the metal in them? I did think about the aquarium glue or sealant. Does it have to be bone dry to do that? Is there any fixative that can be squeezed on IN the water that is safe for fish? That would be ideal because, Lord knows, I do not want to remove and replace the stupid log yet again. It has been moved so much lately it is getting crazy.

Last edited by Inga; 03-12-2012 at 02:25 PM..
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #14
 
kangy's Avatar
 
Haven't tried it with any of my plants yet but I use the gel super glue to fasten coral frags. Took a lot of practice but you can make it work. Redundancy is your friend. I'd try a couple independent strings, a rubber band, and glue the bad boy down lol
kangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #15
 
Inga's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangy View Post
Haven't tried it with any of my plants yet but I use the gel super glue to fasten coral frags. Took a lot of practice but you can make it work. Redundancy is your friend. I'd try a couple independent strings, a rubber band, and glue the bad boy down lol

That is starting to feel like my only option. Glue, String AND rubber bands. I won't see much of the plant and it will look like heck but... It SHOULD stay. ha ha
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #16
 
Hanky's Avatar
 
some sealants are made for use in water, should not have to be bone dry, if its really that big an issue I would take the log out use sealant and tie the heck out of it with multiple strings, find some string that closely matchs the color of the log, I too might avoid the bread bag ty because of the metal inside.
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #17
 
Inga's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky View Post
some sealants are made for use in water, should not have to be bone dry, if its really that big an issue I would take the log out use sealant and tie the heck out of it with multiple strings, find some string that closely matchs the color of the log, I too might avoid the bread bag ty because of the metal inside.
I will have to. I was really trying to avoid taking the log out again. It creates issues, even if it i s only for a few minutes. That and the plants are really growing close to it so getting it back in without squishing stuff is a challenge. Oh well, I guess we do what we have to. I should tell Rainbow that if he attacks anyone trying to untie his plants, he won't have to lose his house again.
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
 
Termato's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
I will have to. I was really trying to avoid taking the log out again. It creates issues, even if it i s only for a few minutes. That and the plants are really growing close to it so getting it back in without squishing stuff is a challenge. Oh well, I guess we do what we have to. I should tell Rainbow that if he attacks anyone trying to untie his plants, he won't have to lose his house again.
Good luck Inga! I want to see pictures of the re-arrangement!
Termato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #19
 
Inga's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termato View Post
Good luck Inga! I want to see pictures of the re-arrangement!

Not a problem... I have not changed anything much. Here are a few to show how it is filling in though. Another 2 weeks since last photo's (maybe only a week, ha ha)

Disregard the reflection from the window but you can see it is starting to fill in pretty nice.


Baby sword last week (ish)


Baby Sword, today


There are 4 big ones and at least 3 more small ones that are starting to grow.

Here is the Lily bulb after 2 weeks growth


Getting some nice growth but ya wanna see the Anubias that this thread is about?

and here is the other


Notice anything wrong with that picture? ha ha Darn things were ripped loose the log AGAIN String is floating in there as well, lots of it. I am beginning to think it is the Rainbow shark that lives in the log. He isn't taking kindly to the NEW look to his house. Might have to give in yet again and just break down and put it on the driftwood. SASSY FISH
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
 
Hanky's Avatar
 
Very nice looking tank there Inga, now if we can get that darn anubias to be-have. lol
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Floating java, anubias? ladayen Beginner Planted Aquarium 2 08-16-2011 10:54 AM
5 Gallon Anubias and Sword Plant Tank MrWynO14 Beginner Planted Aquarium 5 01-28-2011 11:51 PM
Floating Plant and more? pretzelsz Beginner Planted Aquarium 3 01-28-2010 08:58 PM
looking for a floating plant nvmyluv420 Beginner Planted Aquarium 8 10-08-2007 10:55 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.