Thanks Jay and Beetle!
Ropey works for me
They are actually like that out of frustration, the darn things grow like weeds so floating them becoming a real chore and I couldn't get them to stay anywhere else so I shoved them into some holes in the driftwood. Between the two tanks I cut and toss at least 18-24" off each week! I just pull them out of the holes, cut the bottoms (new growth is always more healthy) and stick the fresh cut tops back in the hole. This also minimized the branching lol, I tried cutting the tops one time flush with the water level and all that did was cause them to make 7 new branches that I now have to trim. By far the fastest growing thing I have in the tanks.
A few of my crypts have stalled out recently, probably a delayed effect to the light change, thinned out a small bit, just now starting to see some new stems coming out. Overall though, with all the mixed stories about Crypts I've been very happy with the durability of mine in both tanks. the 10g is basically a crypt forest. The large sword in the 29g is going through another growth spurt (comes in waves), I cut back a couple of the stems that were reaching the front glass. I did pull out the last of the Micro Sword yesterday, it was surrounded by 4 runners from the Dwarf Sagittaria (holy cow is that thing taking over the substrate)
I've actually been really impressed with the performance of the two Ludwiga (Repens and Arcuata). Started with two stems of each, only one of each made the Ich heat treatment but are both a nice red color (higher near the top) and growing FAST.
Now that my reef tank is stabilizing I'm spending a more balanced time between the tanks. Going planted reignited the spark I had for fish keeping, adding in a reef has tilted it from hobby to obsession lol