Finished the tank tonight, took a long lunch break at work and got my drift wood and more plants. I pulled anything fake out of the tank, added the drift wood, planted, and sat back with a jack and coke watching my fishies check out their new aquascape. I am very happy with it.
The driftwood wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Rinsed it in as hot a water as my hands could stand, scrubbed it with a clean potato brush then let it soak for 30 minutes, rinsed and threw it in a large stock pot (only 2/3 would submerge at any time), boiled for 15 minutes then flipped it to get the other side. Then I pulled it out, let it soak in treated water for 30 minutes, gave another good scrub and 20 minutes boiling on both sides, after the final boil another 30 minute soak in treated cool water (Total: boiled for 70 minutes and soaked for 90 minutes)
After I got the driftwood set where I wanted I started planting the plants. Please feel free to critique or provide feedback if anything should be moved or planted differently. At the LFS (different than my normal place, was a HUGE aquarium specialty store) they had rows of nothing but plants. I was like a kid in a candy store and just started pointing without having any sort of plan. Spent the rest of the afternoon at work laying it all out on paper
Here is a link to the pictures. I put them in the Freshwater Fish Pictures and Videos section: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/f...35/#post900568