55 gallon planted tank progress( for those who care) - Page 17
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » Beginner Planted Aquarium » 55 gallon planted tank progress( for those who care)

55 gallon planted tank progress( for those who care)

This is a discussion on 55 gallon planted tank progress( for those who care) within the Beginner Planted Aquarium forums, part of the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium category; --> Originally Posted by Jayy I plan to get a ehiem, once I save up some money. AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking ...

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
55 gallon planted tank progress( for those who care)
Old 07-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #161
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
I plan to get a ehiem, once I save up some money.

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

I would much rather have more capacity. I already have the Diamond Tetra, but if anybody has suggestions I'm willing to listen.
I would add a few more rummynose tetra to that stocking; this is a species that does much better the more there are, and it is one of the few that remains together in formation almost continually. Maybe 15-17 total.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #162
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
I would add a few more rummynose tetra to that stocking; this is a species that does much better the more there are, and it is one of the few that remains together in formation almost continually. Maybe 15-17 total.
ok, but If I add any more fish it says I need to add another filter.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #163
 
Chesh's Avatar
 
Hey Jayy! I never ran into this thread before, the tank seems to be coming along really well, I'd love to see the updated pictures! You have some of my favorite fishies in there - Bolivian Rams are amazing creatures, and Diamond Tetra are just unbelievably gorgeous (wish I had some :)). Keep up the good work - It'd look amazing if you upped the Rummynose like Byron said - they're gorgeous, too! Remember that AQAdvisor is a computer program - not the end-all be-all god of stocking. There can be a bit of wiggle room, as long as you're paying attention and taking good care of maintenance - it also doesn't take live plants into consideration, and they provide filtration in their own way. I have to agree with everyone else - get a nice dark backround on there to really make it pop, and give a bit more security to the fish while everything else grows in. I have found Pygmy Chain Sword to be a very easy plant to keep and maintain - it grows really well and fills in surprisingly quickly!!!

Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #164
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
Hey Jayy! I never ran into this thread before, the tank seems to be coming along really well, I'd love to see the updated pictures! You have some of my favorite fishies in there - Bolivian Rams are amazing creatures, and Diamond Tetra are just unbelievably gorgeous (wish I had some :)). Keep up the good work - It'd look amazing if you upped the Rummynose like Byron said - they're gorgeous, too! Remember that AQAdvisor is a computer program - not the end-all be-all god of stocking. There can be a bit of wiggle room, as long as you're paying attention and taking good care of maintenance - it also doesn't take live plants into consideration, and they provide filtration in their own way. I have to agree with everyone else - get a nice dark backround on there to really make it pop, and give a bit more security to the fish while everything else grows in. I have found Pygmy Chain Sword to be a very easy plant to keep and maintain - it grows really well and fills in surprisingly quickly!!!

Thank you very!! I know I have to remember that AqAdvisor isn't the law of the land. I just saw those warnings and think , guess I can't do that. Thanks for kind words and stopping by.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #165
 
fishysrfun's Avatar
 
Looks Good!
fishysrfun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fishysrfun For This Useful Post:
Jayy (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #166
 
Chesh's Avatar
 
I know there are people subscribed to THIS thread who might be able to help. . .

please go over to Jayy's OTHER thread:

Diamond tetra with white fungus on eye

and see if you can help a sick fishy (and his keeper) out!!!

THANKS!!!!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #167
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
I know there are people subscribed to THIS thread who might be able to help. . .

please go over to Jayy's OTHER thread:

Diamond tetra with white fungus on eye

and see if you can help a sick fishy (and his keeper) out!!!

THANKS!!!!
Thank sooo much for trying! Your such a nice person.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #168
 
Chesh's Avatar
 
I'm sorry I didn't see the post sooner. . . *hangs head* I wish it could have worked out better in the end. *hugs*
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #169
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesherca View Post
I'm sorry I didn't see the post sooner. . . *hangs head* I wish it could have worked out better in the end. *hugs*
No worries, these things happen.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #170
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Craigslist!!!

I found a great deal on Craigslist, a Eheim Professional 2028 for $100 obo! It was used a saltwater, but I wanted to know if I could use if I cleaned up really good. Salt Water Aquarium Filter
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daughter's 14 Gallon tank in progress HollyinWA Freshwater Journals 3 01-28-2010 06:53 PM
10 gallon tank progress veganchick Freshwater Journals 12 02-03-2009 06:05 PM
30 Gallon Tank Progress Cody Freshwater Journals 37 02-18-2008 01:26 PM
Planted tank in progress Amphitrite Freshwater Journals 7 02-16-2008 03:00 PM
10 Gallon Planted - Work in Progress jeaninel Freshwater Journals 18 01-20-2008 01:48 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.