This thread is going to be an on going thread about a 155g tank i've setup. The ups and downs of it's life and a tale of my achievements in reaching a solid look for this tank.
155 Gallon (30% water changes every week)
20 Gallon sump (Eheim 2217 on the way)
8 t5 54watt 6500k bulbs (Light runs for 11 hours)
c02 Injected at 4bbs right now
eco complete substrate
Seachem flourish and suppliments being added once a week, after water change.
It's been up and running for 4 months now. I had it cycling with danios for about a month, then I bought some substrate for it, along with wood. Water logged the wood inside the tank and did frequent water changes to remove the tannins which left after about a month. Then I bought a few plants and transfered some other ones from another tank. I had two flouresent lights going on this that were just to light the tank up till I bought the 8 light t5 fixture. Which now I currently have and the problems begin.
There was a small buildup of brown algae that I started to notice. After I installed the new light fixture which I've had now for about 2 weeks or so and keeping the light on for 11 hours and have co2 running. The brown algae is exploding it seems. It wasn't so bad before, when I had a few flag fish in there. However I took them out because they seemed to be beating up a few corys I had, so I put them in timeout. Now though, the brown algae is going rampant and I put the flag fish back in. This is where we stand.
This seems to happen to new tanks and I never really had a problem with it, but now that Its happening to my new big tank, it's very noticeable and getting on my nerves. Especially since I just spent money on new plants which are now being covered in brown algae.
I'll post some pictures today.