03-29-2012, 12:58 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove
I have to wonder, rhy.
So I finally got around to doing what I probably should have done to begin with and tested the water out of the tap. After out-gassing all tubes and testing them, here're my readings:
Ammonia: either 0ppm or .25ppm
The newest city water report I've found says the N out of city taps should be in the 6-8ppm range, so I'm at a loss for why it's THAT high.
Posted via Mobile Device
Before jumping overboard...if you are using the API nitrate kit, shake Regent #2 for 2 minutes before adding the drops. The instructions say 30 seconds (or used to) but this can often give a faulty and higher reading. Retest and see what you have.
Ammonia in tap water at that low a level is not troublesome. If you have live plants, they will quickly grab it after the water change. Bacteria should too.