I have a 10-gallon tank from Wal-Mart so I'm using the Aqua-Tech 5-15 gallon filter it came with. I also have a Marineland Stealth Pro 50 watt heater in there.
Anyway, in the tank I have:
- 2 male bettas (divided of course.. Roscoe, the original inhabitant, has about 6.5 gallons and Toothless has the remaining 3.5.
- 2 Otocinclus
- Countless Ramshorns and Pond snails
- 2 Assassin snails to control above
- 10 Ghost shrimp
The tank is heavily planted. I had to trim a bunch because the fish had problems swimming through them.
- 2 very large Amazon Swords
- Scarlet Temple
- 2 Moss balls which have spread and entangled the Moneywort.
- 3 Java ferns
These are being fertilized 1-2x weekly with Seachem Fluorish liquid ferts, and once a month I add a root tablet for the sword.
Once a week I do a 40% water change and attempt to gravel vacuum when doing so, but the Swords' roots are very large. I add Prime to the new water.
Is there anything I can do to improve my tank?