What is your fish tank dream for your home? - Page 2 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 Old 02-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Member
 
Angel079's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieleah View Post
wait were we not talking about our "dreams" bc my first one is just as bogus.
Got ya...dream tank in the dream house

~ Life Is Too Short, Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Love Truly, Laugh Uncontrollably And Never Regret Anything that Made You Smile.
Life May Not Be The Party We Hoped For, But While We're Here, We Should Dance. ~
Angel079 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 22 Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Gold Member
 
aunt kymmie's Avatar
 
I'd turn my 100gl into a reef and set up a 200gl for a planted discus tank. The 200 gallon would be flush to the great room wall of my house, access would be through the closet that sits behind this wall. Only sticking point is how do you clean and scrub the front of the tank that sits flush to the wall? A very long brush with a scrubber on the end? Eventually I'll do this project just as soon as I have the $$$.

If you don't stand up for something you'll fall for anything...
aunt kymmie is offline  
post #13 of 22 Old 02-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Member
 
Mean Harri's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
I'd turn my 100gl into a reef and set up a 200gl for a planted discus tank. The 200 gallon would be flush to the great room wall of my house, access would be through the closet that sits behind this wall. Only sticking point is how do you clean and scrub the front of the tank that sits flush to the wall? A very long brush with a scrubber on the end? Eventually I'll do this project just as soon as I have the $$$.
Just get one great big giant Pleco

“He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors”
Thomas Jefferson quote
Mean Harri is offline  
post #14 of 22 Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Member
 
iamntbatman's Avatar
 
You guys are thinking small potatoes. She's talking about ultimate fish fantasy here. I'd basically live in a giant public aquarium.

I'd have something like this, but much less boring:
YouTube - 50000 + 15000 Gallon Monster Tanks - MonsterFishkeepers.com

It'd be a complete Amazonian biotope. Schools of tetras and corydoras in the thousands. Giant pieces of driftwood everywhere. Fully planted (probably some really strong custom metal halides for the lighting). There would be plenty of predator species as well; the idea is that there would be so many small fish that they'd keep their populations up enough to support the predators.

I'd probably have four of these tanks total: Amazon, SE Asia, Rift Lakes and Reef. And probably lots more tanks on top of that.

4 8 15 16 23 42
iamntbatman is offline  
post #15 of 22 Old 02-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Member
 
Kelso's Avatar
 
batman stole what I was gonna say! I'd probably turn my whole hallway, top and bottom floor, into an Amazon River setup. My house is pretty long, so that would be amazing. The best part is: my well water isn't chlorinated, low ph, very soft-no chemicals or anything, ever!

Twenty-Eight:
1 Otos, 6 Guyana Leaf Fish, 2 Malayan Leaf Fish, 1 Orange Head Tapajos, 4 Bronze Cories, 3 Peppered Cories, 2 Panda Cories, 1 Skunk Cory

Seventy-Five:
3 Thread-finned Acara, 1 Jurupari, 1 Spiny Eel, 1 Bristlenose Pleco, 1 Festivum, 1 Spotted Raphael


Kelso is offline  
post #16 of 22 Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Member
 
1077's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntbatman View Post
You guys are thinking small potatoes. She's talking about ultimate fish fantasy here. I'd basically live in a giant public aquarium.

I'd have something like this, but much less boring:
YouTube - 50000 + 15000 Gallon Monster Tanks - MonsterFishkeepers.com

It'd be a complete Amazonian biotope. Schools of tetras and corydoras in the thousands. Giant pieces of driftwood everywhere. Fully planted (probably some really strong custom metal halides for the lighting). There would be plenty of predator species as well; the idea is that there would be so many small fish that they'd keep their populations up enough to support the predators.

I'd probably have four of these tanks total: Amazon, SE Asia, Rift Lakes and Reef. And probably lots more tanks on top of that.

15,000 gallons sounds about right for my dream tank. Amazon Biotope with Discus,Loaches,and gazillions of cardinal and rummy nose tetras and oto's .Sand substrate,logs and driftwood along with large ,smooth riverstones and plants galore. Ohh! and some wee Leprechuans in scuba gear with little vaccums as well, to clean the tank.

The most important medication in your fish medicine cabinet is.. Clean water.
1077 is offline  
post #17 of 22 Old 02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Member
 
bearwithfish's Avatar
 
hmmmmmmm i guess its kinda hard to say for me i guess the easiest way to put it is imagine a house specifically build to house floor to ceiling selves of tanks from 10's in small rooms for fry to monster 500 gallon show pieces in the main room wall to wall every where and top to bottom!!! yeah thats it

Back in the Game!!! Live Bearers in a 40 Breeder
bearwithfish is offline  
post #18 of 22 Old 02-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Member
 
iamntbatman's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1077 View Post
Ohh! and some wee Leprechuans in scuba gear with little vaccums as well, to clean the tank.

4 8 15 16 23 42
iamntbatman is offline  
post #19 of 22 Old 02-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Member
 
Angel079's Avatar
 
You know I just remembered something...speaking of dream tanks....When we were stationed overseas that one hardcore aquatic place I always went to...they had one HECK of a set up for the entrance.....

The tank was saltwater and the actual "tank" was like a wall reaching from the ground level up to the 2nd story of the sales place and it was easily like 13-14ft wide and just as tall and like ~6ft deep it was gigantic and I was just stood there for a while watching it - That's when you gotta scuba dive to gravel vac

That tank was so disgustingly beautiful thou......

~ Life Is Too Short, Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Love Truly, Laugh Uncontrollably And Never Regret Anything that Made You Smile.
Life May Not Be The Party We Hoped For, But While We're Here, We Should Dance. ~
Angel079 is offline  
post #20 of 22 Old 02-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Member
 
eileen's Avatar
 
I had a friend who's husband cut out a hole in the wall next to the fireplace that wall went to the two car garage and he had a huge saltwater tank in that hole that faced the family room. All the filters and aquarium stuff was in the garage on the other side. I was a great setup with all kinds of saltwater creatures. The main tank was all framed out. I like the aquarium idea that is built into a wall. A big show tank would be my dream in a family room or a game room.
eileen is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i dream an angel fish fighttest Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 2 09-15-2009 10:51 PM
Dream Tank? drag Freshwater and Tropical Fish 15 05-10-2007 07:34 PM
My Dream Fish Mike Saltwater Fish 2 01-09-2007 08:03 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome