what is this stuff? - Page 5
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » what is this stuff?

what is this stuff?

This is a discussion on what is this stuff? within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> I agree....

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
False Adolfo Cory
False Adolfo Cory
Horse Faced Loach
Horse Faced Loach
Reply
Old 04-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #41
 
Byron's Avatar
 
I agree.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #42
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Hmmm ok I looked up some pics of the bladder snail eggs and thought that's what those might be but wasn't sure. Thanks guys. Guess I am fixing to have abunch of snails LOL
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #43
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Ok I found some hose locally that would work but I ran into another problem that I did not foresee with the spray bar. The spray bar is too long to fit the width of the tank. Soo right now I just have the hose at the top of the tank pointed towards the intake to make a slight current. I used the valves on the eheim to reduce the volume. My question is should i cut the spray bar to make it work or will the setup I have running now work? Will try and post a pic later

Last edited by Boredomb; 04-17-2011 at 02:29 PM..
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #44
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Ok I found some hose locally that would work but I ran into another problem that I did not foresee with the spray bar. The spray bar is too long to fit the width of the tank. Soo right now I just have the hose at the top of the tank pointed towards the intake to make a slight current. I used the valves on the eheim to reduce the volume. My question is should i cut the spray bar to make it work or will the setup I have running now work? Will try and post a pic later
This is difficult for me to answer since I am not there to see the effect of the filter. If the spraybar is like my Eheim ones [mine are old now, from 1996] it has a little plug in the end opposite the end that attaches to the hose. Don't cut the plug end if you do cut it, as that end is threaded for the plug to be secure. You could saw or use an exacto knife to cut the other end where the hose connects. If you do use the spraybar, obviously it will work best across the tank on the end wall. But another option is to have it diagonal on the end wall, I have seen this done. This would create a slightly different flow pattern, and should be effective. I've not tried this myself.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #45
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Pic of the output the way it is for now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-04-17 15.08.21.jpg (96.3 KB, 18 views)
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #46
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Okay I was concerned about the volume issues. There is pic of how I got t now. I can get a video of it tomorrow if that would help? Also as you can see in the pic I have a lot of particles on the surface of the water is that from lack of circulation due to the filter hooked up wrong?
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #47
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
This is difficult for me to answer since I am not there to see the effect of the filter. If the spraybar is like my Eheim ones [mine are old now, from 1996] it has a little plug in the end opposite the end that attaches to the hose. Don't cut the plug end if you do cut it, as that end is threaded for the plug to be secure. You could saw or use an exacto knife to cut the other end where the hose connects. If you do use the spraybar, obviously it will work best across the tank on the end wall. But another option is to have it diagonal on the end wall, I have seen this done. This would create a slightly different flow pattern, and should be effective. I've not tried this myself.
Just so we are on the same page yes the spray is just like you described if I don't have to cut it I would rather not but if it would be better then I have no problem during it
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #48
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredomb View Post
Just so we are on the same page yes the spray is just like you described if I don't have to cut it I would rather not but if it would be better then I have no problem during it
I would place it diagonally rather than cut it.
Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #49
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
I would place it diagonally rather than cut it.
I might try and see if I can get to fit like that on the side wall tonight or in the morning I didn't have a whole lot of time today to mess with it before coming to work. I might be able to get it fit that way Thank Byron
The particles on the surface is that normal? I have noticed I have a bunch. I doesn't bother me per say was just wonder what the norm is ?
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #50
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Well almost 48 hrs later and I have seen the fungus come back once and then it went away and has not come back since! Hope it is gone for good. Will continue to watch for another couple of days and if I don't see anything will start adding my fertilize again and see what happens
Boredomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Think you're big stuff? Think again. CodeRed Off Topic Discussions 8 05-04-2010 12:48 PM
What is this red stuff f6hlct Coral and Reef Creatures 10 01-06-2009 10:45 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.