What do you think of my stock? - Page 6
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Freshwater Fish and Aquariums » Beginner Freshwater Aquarium » What do you think of my stock?

What do you think of my stock?

This is a discussion on What do you think of my stock? within the Beginner Freshwater Aquarium forums, part of the Freshwater Fish and Aquariums category; --> Originally Posted by Strand Hahahahahahaha! That was less than a month ago! Dude are you for real? In a month you suddenly are an ...

Check out these freshwater fish profiles
Discus
Discus
Schwartz Cory
Schwartz Cory
Like Tree25Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Search this Thread vBmenu Seperating Image
What do you think of my stock?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #51
 
jaysee's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strand View Post
Hahahahahahaha! That was less than a month ago! Dude are you for real? In a month you suddenly are an expert on the fish you keep???


Asinine.
I thought you'd like that :)
jaysee is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jaysee For This Useful Post:
Strand (03-06-2013)
Old 03-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #52
 
Strand's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
I thought you'd like that :)

Completely insane.
Strand is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #53
 
Nilet699's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterg17 View Post
Well i should hope somebody that owns fish should know a bit about them wouldnt you?
But what could you possibly know?
You've spent quite a while through this most enjoyable thread to read basically slagging off people who read to learn - so that would rule out basically any other form of knowledge bar experience. of which you have a MONTH.
Which leads me to, you say your fish are happy? Ok. Fair play. HOW exactly do you know this? What would be a sign of them Not being happy/healthy etc? In a MONTH how could you possibly have formed the necessary experience in order to properly define between the 2? You going with 'dead' or 'alive'? Is happy 'alive' or 'dead' in your tank? I'm not sure myself......

So all in all I've discovered this about you;
Your a fish 'noob' (figured you'd get that as you seem 12). Accept it. Acceptance is stage 1.....
You cant accept criticism or good advice.
Your a troll who throws around their E-penis in a ridiculous fashion- as if you read your posts, you'll see what you said makes literally no sense. Your arguments belittle your previous ones.
You should stick with the original plan of not posting.
BUT
Maybe stay. I haven't laughed so hard at a fool since 'nam.
Strand and ZivaD like this.
Nilet699 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #54
 
Strand's Avatar
 
Bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!


GOLD!
Strand is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:55 AM   #55
 
I really hope with all your short term expertise you've gained, you come back in 3-4 months to tell us all how wonderful your tank is doing.
RSully is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #56
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilet699 View Post
But what could you possibly know?
You've spent quite a while through this most enjoyable thread to read basically slagging off people who read to learn - so that would rule out basically any other form of knowledge bar experience. of which you have a MONTH.
Which leads me to, you say your fish are happy? Ok. Fair play. HOW exactly do you know this? What would be a sign of them Not being happy/healthy etc? In a MONTH how could you possibly have formed the necessary experience in order to properly define between the 2? You going with 'dead' or 'alive'? Is happy 'alive' or 'dead' in your tank? I'm not sure myself......

So all in all I've discovered this about you;
Your a fish 'noob' (figured you'd get that as you seem 12). Accept it. Acceptance is stage 1.....
You cant accept criticism or good advice.
Your a troll who throws around their E-penis in a ridiculous fashion- as if you read your posts, you'll see what you said makes literally no sense. Your arguments belittle your previous ones.
You should stick with the original plan of not posting.
BUT
Maybe stay. I haven't laughed so hard at a fool since 'nam.
You apparently need to laugh more is what i got from this.
hunterg17 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #57
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSully View Post
I really hope with all your short term expertise you've gained, you come back in 3-4 months to tell us all how wonderful your tank is doing.
Will do!
hunterg17 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #58
 
rockhound's Avatar
 
In the interest of further propagating the humor in this thread and establishing my perspective, I'll say my piece.

Justifying your correctness based on your apparent ability to learn and obtain knowledge at ridiculous speeds is about as effective an argument as insulting your opponents. Oh wait, you are doing that too. You repeatedly deny scientific evidence and the experience of people who are likely to be much older and much more intelligent than you. That just screams egotism, ignorance, and naivety. Even when an appeal is made to share your knowledge, you simply spit from the top of your ivory tower. Are you afraid to fall while frantically defending your inherently flawed ideas?

I can empathize with you. I once felt the same way. I was naive, an egotist, and an idealist--utterly intelligent and flawless. I looked down on everyone else, dizzied by the heights when looking down from my ivory tower. But then one day someone managed to climb that tower and shared with me the information that I needed to truly understand how not to fear the fall from the tower. To avoid the fear all I had to do was simply climb down the tower, to join and embrace all the people around me. I had to listen and engage with all perspectives, not just my own. To truly unlock my potential, to truly understand the universe around me I had to climb down. That first step down was the scariest. My world was upended and strange. I entered a foreign realm.

I know where you're coming from OP because I have experienced it. I doubt you are much older than a teenager. I'll establish early twenties as the upper limit. If you are to learn anything from this forum or anywhere else, you are going to have to accept two things:
1) There are many people here (and everywhere else) who have more experience in fishkeeping (and anything else) than you. These people know what is best for your fish's well-being.
2) Many perspectives exist, but no perspective can be taken seriously without it being well-reasoned and presented in a civil manner. This is especially important in a place such as this. The fish we keep are well-documented scientifically. Behavior, health, and preferences are all cataloged based on objective evidence and reason rather than belief and conjecture.

Whether or not you decide to read this or take any of it in realize one thing: you are free to care for your fish however you choose. The members of this forum will vehemently defend and advocate for the proper care of your fish. It would be wise to listen, but you are free not to. If you choose the latter, I'm sure no one would miss you. I hope you like it on top of that ivory tower.
Byron, Romad and Chesh like this.
rockhound is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #59
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhound View Post
In the interest of further propagating the humor in this thread and establishing my perspective, I'll say my piece.

Justifying your correctness based on your apparent ability to learn and obtain knowledge at ridiculous speeds is about as effective an argument as insulting your opponents. Oh wait, you are doing that too. You repeatedly deny scientific evidence and the experience of people who are likely to be much older and much more intelligent than you. That just screams egotism, ignorance, and naivety. Even when an appeal is made to share your knowledge, you simply spit from the top of your ivory tower. Are you afraid to fall while frantically defending your inherently flawed ideas?

I can empathize with you. I once felt the same way. I was naive, an egotist, and an idealist--utterly intelligent and flawless. I looked down on everyone else, dizzied by the heights when looking down from my ivory tower. But then one day someone managed to climb that tower and shared with me the information that I needed to truly understand how not to fear the fall from the tower. To avoid the fear all I had to do was simply climb down the tower, to join and embrace all the people around me. I had to listen and engage with all perspectives, not just my own. To truly unlock my potential, to truly understand the universe around me I had to climb down. That first step down was the scariest. My world was upended and strange. I entered a foreign realm.

I know where you're coming from OP because I have experienced it. I doubt you are much older than a teenager. I'll establish early twenties as the upper limit. If you are to learn anything from this forum or anywhere else, you are going to have to accept two things:
1) There are many people here (and everywhere else) who have more experience in fishkeeping (and anything else) than you. These people know what is best for your fish's well-being.
2) Many perspectives exist, but no perspective can be taken seriously without it being well-reasoned and presented in a civil manner. This is especially important in a place such as this. The fish we keep are well-documented scientifically. Behavior, health, and preferences are all cataloged based on objective evidence and reason rather than belief and conjecture.

Whether or not you decide to read this or take any of it in realize one thing: you are free to care for your fish however you choose. The members of this forum will vehemently defend and advocate for the proper care of your fish. It would be wise to listen, but you are free not to. If you choose the latter, I'm sure no one would miss you. I hope you like it on top of that ivory tower.

Wow i wish i had the time to take out of my day to write that, i didn't even read all that garbage. I am off to live life now!
hunterg17 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #60
 
Strand's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterg17 View Post
Wow i wish i had the time to take out of my day to write that, i didn't even read all that garbage. I am off to live life now!


It is apparent you have nothing better to do than sit and watch this thread. Quickly posting something stupid to every reply. I'm hoping this thread dies soon so we don't have to read anymore of your garbage.

Yes I could just not click on this thread, but it's like a train wreck - I just have to look and see what idiotic comment you made to someone who genuinely replies trying to help you. Even after multiple absurd comments people still tried.

I commend the members trying to help, but sometimes we have to realize that it's hard to reason with insanity. (Or youth, in this particular case)






I'm not sure why a moderator hasn't locked this thread yet...
Strand is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what can i stock this with? Assault0137 Ponds and Waterfalls 9 08-25-2012 05:19 PM
Help me stock! Myrtaceae Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 12 01-26-2012 10:54 AM
How should I stock a 14G Hex? CrankyFish84 Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 3 11-06-2010 02:26 AM
Help me stock a 30g Hex! Charger1969 Freshwater and Tropical Fish 5 08-21-2008 08:01 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.