What do you think of my stock? - Page 4 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
 25Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 61 Old 03-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Member
 
jentralala's Avatar
 
Are you seriously that thick?
Some of the people on this site have been working with fish before the internet was even being commonly used in every household. They haven't been reading and parroting what they read on the internet, they have been working with fish, both tank raised and wild-caught, to see how to best keep them alive and well and living their full life spans confined inside of a tank.

Do you know what that means? That means that they TRIED what you are doing right now, and it didn't work. Not just for one person or two, but enough people that they realized that particular fish NEEDS a social group, just like it would have in the wild. They have tried multiple ways of keeping this fish and working out what works best. These profiles aren't a combination of junk on the internet, it's actual fact based on thousands of scientists' work. People who have gone to college, gone to graduate school, who have gotten doctorates and spent their lives dedicating time and energy and into discovering just what a particular fish needs to thrive in an aquarium.

People like you will never admit you're wrong though. If we tell you something you don't want to hear, you just throw a hissy fit and do whatever you want, killing fish right and left as you so please.
Chesh likes this.
jentralala is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jentralala For This Useful Post:
ZivaD (03-06-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 61 Old 03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterg17 View Post
Yea im sure you all have a lot of experience reading the internet and never trying anything

What again about "Reading the internet" hun. That's not a tank I read about, I own the tank I just linked. This is my shoal in the morning. All 14 come out to wait for me to get up, and feed them. Three different species with appropriate shoal groups (Hoping to up the ladder group as that wasn't intentional, long story.)

This is not my first attempt at keeping loaches. Been doing it for over a year, closer to two. Past the reading phase, did the "Tried different things" phase, and now into the keeping them successfully part. I really hope one day you consider having your Yoyo in a appropriate group size. They are a joy to have when at full strength.
Chesh, Freshcatch and Perlumia like this.
Sanguinefox is offline  
post #33 of 61 Old 03-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Member
 
jaysee's Avatar
 
Those are CGI loaches ;)

125 - BGK, chanchito cichlid, pictus cats, silver dollars, palmas bichir
125 - cichlids (severums, bolivian rams, chocolate), rainbows ( turquoise, red), loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, tiretrack eel, pearl gouramis, betta
90 - Congo tetras, african knife, upside down cats, spotted ctenopoma, kribensis, delhezzi bichir
2.5 - betta
jaysee is offline  
post #34 of 61 Old 03-06-2013, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Nice tank I'm glad it works for you. I'm also glad my loaches are just as happy as I've stated already
Posted via Mobile Device
hunterg17 is offline  
post #35 of 61 Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jentralala View Post
Are you seriously that thick?
Some of the people on this site have been working with fish before the internet was even being commonly used in every household. They haven't been reading and parroting what they read on the internet, they have been working with fish, both tank raised and wild-caught, to see how to best keep them alive and well and living their full life spans confined inside of a tank.

Do you know what that means? That means that they TRIED what you are doing right now, and it didn't work. Not just for one person or two, but enough people that they realized that particular fish NEEDS a social group, just like it would have in the wild. They have tried multiple ways of keeping this fish and working out what works best. These profiles aren't a combination of junk on the internet, it's actual fact based on thousands of scientists' work. People who have gone to college, gone to graduate school, who have gotten doctorates and spent their lives dedicating time and energy and into discovering just what a particular fish needs to thrive in an aquarium.

People like you will never admit you're wrong though. If we tell you something you don't want to hear, you just throw a hissy fit and do whatever you want, killing fish right and left as you so please.

Wow you people need better things to do with your time Are YOU that thick? I have stated many times now that my fish are completely happy and healthy. If you dont believe thats possible than you are one simple idiot.
hunterg17 is offline  
post #36 of 61 Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Member
 
Reading back through your post history it is clear you are not nearly as well read and educated about this topic as you think you are. Best of luck to your fish.
ZivaD is offline  
post #37 of 61 Old 03-06-2013, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
Reading back through your post history it is clear you are not nearly as well read and educated about this topic as you think you are. Best of luck to your fish.
The world is full of false judgements
hunterg17 is offline  
post #38 of 61 Old 03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Member
 
Byron's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterg17 View Post
Nice tank I'm glad it works for you. I'm also glad my loaches are just as happy as I've stated already
Posted via Mobile Device
And we can guarantee that they are not. Here is a link to the first scientific study that proved beyond any doubt that shoaling fish--and loaches are shoaling fish--will be better adjusted when kept in groups.

Study shows that schooling fish do best in larger numbers | News | Practical Fishkeeping

Fish are the way they are because they have evolved that way, and neither you nor I can change this. You can deny the scientific fact all you like, just like those who believe the earth is flat. Denial of fact does not change the truth.

Byron Hosking, BMus, MA
Vancouver, BC, Canada

The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian. [unknown source]

Something we all need to remember: The fish you've acquired was quite happy not being owned by you, minding its own business. If you’re going to take it under your wing then you’re responsible for it. Every aspect of its life is under your control, from water quality and temperature to swimming space. [Nathan Hill in PFK]
Byron is offline  
post #39 of 61 Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron View Post
And we can guarantee that they are not. Here is a link to the first scientific study that proved beyond any doubt that shoaling fish--and loaches are shoaling fish--will be better adjusted when kept in groups.

Study shows that schooling fish do best in larger numbers | News | Practical Fishkeeping

Fish are the way they are because they have evolved that way, and neither you nor I can change this. You can deny the scientific fact all you like, just like those who believe the earth is flat. Denial of fact does not change the truth.
Im not going to bother reading the article because ive already said my loaches are happy. Have you seen them? No you haven't so you cannot assume. Show me all the articles you want it doesnt change a thing about how happy my loaches are. Did you not read that i already had more loaches in my tank? Obviously not. I am done arguing with you people. I feel bad for most of the people you guys have given advice to over your "years" of "great" fish keeping. No wonder nothing changes.
hunterg17 is offline  
post #40 of 61 Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
How about we all just quit commenting that sounds good to me
hunterg17 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what can i stock this with? Assault0137 Ponds and Waterfalls 9 08-25-2012 05:19 PM
Help me stock! Myrtaceae Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 12 01-26-2012 10:54 AM
How should I stock a 14G Hex? CrankyFish84 Beginner Freshwater Aquarium 3 11-06-2010 02:26 AM
Help me stock a 30g Hex! Charger1969 Freshwater and Tropical Fish 5 08-21-2008 08:01 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome