Turns out, not only did I have a batch of dead fry, my kids have been feeding the fish at five in the morning.
I just finished a huge water change and could not believe how much refuse and fish flakes were floating about. As I siphened off the bottom, kicking the gravel around, I kicked up about ten dead fry. They were way early. The mama probably had those early because of the conditions.
SO, I did about 70% water change. After watching the existing filter miss all the stuff floating, I decided to go big. I have my 350 biowheel on the front of the tank. The five Platy and em. cats are moved to the big tank and left 5 molly/guppies. That should ease the bio load and distribute the pending fry more evenly. I'm going to run my huge filter with redundant filters for another couple of hours then do another test and possible another water change. Oh and I pulled the big rock out of there.
After water change & before big filter, and fish removal:
PH 7.4 down
Ammonia .25 ppm same
Nitrite 5.0 ppm same
Nitrate 80 ppm (It was up 70 ppm from yesterday's 10 AFTER the water change according to my math, the test kit doesn't even go as high as it probably was.
Will test again this evening. Wish me luck