I am not sure where to put this as it is not an emergency, but I need some help with my tank.
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons)- 55 gallons
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?- freshwater
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?- 5 years, but these fish have only been in it since last October
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
- three rasbora hets
- four golden barbs
- four black skirt tetra
- four neon tetras
- two dwarf frogs
- one 5-inch bristlenose pleco
- one 7-inch (common?) pleco- this one is leaving in a couple weeks
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? No
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 74 F
7. What make/model filter are you using? Regent power filter
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? No
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? A little bit
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? A week ago, 50%
11. How often do you perform water changes? Every 1-2 weeks usually, more often recently
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? flake food (tetras, barbs), sinking shrimp pellets (frogs, plecos, the others will eat them occasionally) and algae wafers (plecos)
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? Fluorescent light, 15 watts, on from 7:30 am until 10 pm
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? For some reason the water is always slightly cloudy, not murky, just not clear. I have tried doing a couple 20% water changes, then a couple 50% water changes over the last three weeks. The water will seem to clear up for maybe a day and then get cloudy again.
15. What are your water parameters?
-Nitrate 20 ppm
-Nitrite 0 ppm
-GH 150 ppm
-KH 160 ppm
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? test strips
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? October- healthy, swimming- I bought them from a good fish store with high quality fish.