03-16-2012, 09:27 PM
| || |
Hello!!! I'm new at this, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that there's too much waste in your tank! Bust out that vacuum, friend! The fact that you even have an ammonia reading in your tank is very dangerous, and the ammonia is caused by fish waste/decaying plant matter/leftover food. . .etc. Anything rotten. It's good to do weekly water changes, but with the fish you've listed in a tank that size, my guess is that you're overstocked, and should re-home some of your fish :( If you can't rehome them, maybe you can add a second filter and do your water changes twice a week, instead of only once - with vacuum.
Again, I'm not nearly an expert, hopefully someone else can chime in here and give you better direction. Good luck!