10-10-2009, 06:38 PM
| || |
Urgent help... Fish tank equipment emitting plastic burning smell!!
Hey guys, earlier today I put all my fish tank electronics into one power strip so it would be easier to manage, and soon my room filled with a strong, almost caustic rubber-burning smell. It is so strong that me and my Mom considered calling the fire dept. When I unplugged the power strip, the smell stopped until a few minutes after I replugged them in. I really don't want to unplug the stuff and risk all my fish being dead in the morning, but I don't want to be on the morning news under "House Fire Started by Fish Tank", either. None of the equipment feels hot, and I know it's not a malfunctioning heater, because none of my fish are belly-up and the temp is not changing. I tried evenly distributing the plugs over 2 powerstrips, but I figured I better ask anyway...